CHAPTER 49

The next morning, I woke up to an empty bed next to me. I hated the way it felt when he'd stayed over and not be there. It gave me that empty feeling when he kissed me and didn't call back when we couldn't figure things out weeks ago. 

I guess it was this, the whole billionaire bombshell he decided to blur out in front of my colleagues, nevertheless, to Anthony and Brian. I fell back and lay there, staring up at the ceiling with an 'I don't want to go into work' attitude. 

I can't and don't want to face anyone, especially Anthony and non-other, then the jerk himself, Brian. I wouldn't know where to start. I can't just blame Joe for the way it all happened, even though he did leave out an important detail, but it's not only his fault what happened. Brian did most of the coercing as they were acting like two jealous peas in a pod. I'm disappointed in so many ways.

I turned over and grabbed his pillow. God, he always leaves his scent everywhere he goes. I held it tight. And took in his scent. MMMM. I might be disappointed, but he knows exactly how to change my mind. He's so sexy in more ways than one. I can't help but kegel, thinking about, how the fuck did he learn how to make me cum, putting ice in my vagina. I shook my head and smiled with the memory of last night, in the kitchen no less. Shit, he's good.

I roll out of bed, and sure enough, I'm naked. Joe hates to sleep in anything, and it's rubbing off. I looked over to the end of the bed, a pair of Joe's sweatpants and a t-shirt neatly folded. He's so adorable. I can see he liked it when I wore his dress shirt last night. 

Oh, he definitely has OCD, this looks perfectly folded. This is precisely how he folded his jeans before getting into the pool, the first time we kissed. He took forever getting in. Wow, it feels so long ago. Great, where's my underwear?

I put on the clothes he left me. I need to find a bathroom asap. It has to be in one of these doors. I walk to the door right by the nightstand and open it. Um-ok, it's only a toilet and a sink? With a long wall mirror straight ahead, I took advantage and glanced at myself, and from the reflection, I look decent enough to walk around like this. This is small compared to the size of his room. This had to have been a secret hideout back in the 1700s. It's beautiful, though. I need to wash my face and mouth, so I guess this will have to do.

Ten minutes have passed, and I'm still trying to figure my way around his house, A castle I might say. There are so many hallways and doors. I can't keep up. How can he live here all by himself? This is crazy. I would die trying to clean this place. Now, I remember where to go. How do I remember I have no clue.

As I'm walking through the halls, I couldn't help but marvel at how stunning everything was. I stopped by study, and if memory serves me well, the kitchen was at the far end, cause it smells scrumptious, so it has to be this way. I take in a deep breath and check my self thoroughly. 

As I walked in, It suddenly felt the way I first took a glance at Joe back at the coffee shop, my heart skipped a beat, and my face felt flushed as I saw him sitting there reading the newspaper, with a neat pile of paper next to him, go figure, he's working and can I say, OCD

"Morning-Alix-did you sleep well, baby?" he says as he raises an eyebrow, with a great big grin. God, he's horrible, he knows very well what he's doing. He loves to drive me sexually insane.  But I do have to admit, the giddy feeling I got when he called me baby right in front of Robert, who's just there like nothing, cooking, minding his own business. 

It smells divine. It seems though he can cook. I wonder if Joe can? Probably not. Robert did kind of mention, not in so many words that they were born with a silver spoon, so basically, it seems Robert did all the cooking for 25 years. What I can't understand is, Krista didn't act or give an impression to be a spoiled child. She seemed very independent, that's what I saw in her back when she and Lyla first met freshman year in college.