CHAPTER 39

"Alix-its ok" he began.  "I hope one day I'll understand, but as for now, I will respect the fact that we need to work together and move on" he sighs as he passes his hand through his hair. Move on? Nothing happened. Wait, is this what Joe and the blonde go through working together. Is this how it feels? But Brian and I have never been intimate the way Joe and Crystal have been. My stomach hurts.

"Thank you again, Brian...That means a lot" I reply. I feel a bit comfortable now and can concentrate on my job... too much drama for 5 minutes.

"So is everything ready for tomorrow?" he addressed changing the subject completely, but I can feel he's trying to hard not to push the matter further. Oh gosh, that reminds me, I still haven't asked Joe to be my date for tomorrow.

"Yes, well I hope so. When it's getting closer, it can get more agitating over the years. I can't wait till it's over, its drained me out this time, but it's going to be all worth it."

"Will you be going alone?" he asked in a hushed tone. Oh no not again, I knew he was trying too hard. 

"I don't know yet" I answered moving my eyes away from his. He knows who I'm referring to, plus Joe will not let me go by myself, so he knows damn well who I'm bringing.

"Ok then, I'll see you tomorrow night," He mumbled. I hear my phone buzzing, and sure enough, it's Joe's text ringtone as my belly tickles knowing it's him. Saved by the bell.

"Yes, I'll be there, see you tomorrow Brian" I murmur as Brian walks out of my office. I grab my phone and click on his text, grinning.

Joe: How are you feeling?

Me: MMMMMM

Joe: Is that so?

Me: Yes!!

Joe: I can see my one-word answers can be catchy LOL

Me: I learn from the best

Joe: Behave or else!!

The thought of misbehaving has my arousal skyrocketing. How can I have these naughty thoughts running through my head so early in the morning?  Is this the way it's always going to be with him. I know there's more to him than sex, but DAMN!

Me: Always!

Joe: Doubt that Mrs. Taylor

Joe: Are you ready for tomorrow?

Me: Yes and can I ask you something

Joe: Of course I'll be your date, Alix

That was a quick response. I knew he wasn't going to let me go by myself, knowing Brian is going to attending it as well.

Joe: Do you think I was going to let you wear a beautiful dress and I'm not there to admire you wear it? Tisk Tisk Mrs. Taylor.

God, I love the way he thinks I'm beautiful. I'm so not used to this what's so ever.

Me: No!  But thank you baby I appreciate it I can't wait to see you.

Joe: The pleasure is all mine!! What time would you like me to pick you up?

Me: Will you be picking up or will the horse and carriage Phantom? LOL

Joe: Would you like to be picked up in the Rolls Royce? You're a hard woman please with material things but easy to please when I'm inside you. I like that, A LOT!!