CHAPTER 18

As I walk where Linda, Frick, and Frack are sitting. Why do I keep calling them frick or frack? I chuckle to myself. I go over my head, what I'll say to her. Maybe I can hurry up and tell her I'm throwing up or something. Shit, this is harder than I would've ever expected.

I can see Joe shaking hands with the two older men, maybe in their early 60's, but that dumb blonde is 25 and under for sure, wearing that cheesy black dress probably from K-Mart. Alix calm down. She strolls in and kisses him on the cheek. I see her hand on his hips. Wow, that just knocked the wind out of me. Who is she? He said she's his assistant. That didn't seem as she's his assistant. I hate the way I felt, the way she touched him. He's right, and I think I'm jealous.

"Where have you been Alix, I thought you left," Linda asks. I should've, but Joe stopped me in the bathroom and fucked the shit out of me against the wall. Is what I wanted to say. She grabs my shoulders, happy to see me, but has the where did I go look.

"No, I-

Joe cuts me off. "Are you ready?" he asks as I flinched. I was not prepared for him up behind me so quickly. I turn to him. My face flushed. Couldn't he have just waited until I said something, like, I'm not feeling good or my boss needs me? I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

"Umm," is all Linda says, looking at us like a deer without headlights as she lets go of my shoulders. SHIT

"I'll explain later," I whisper and basically is all I can say.

"I can't wait," she says, sarcastically with her eyes wide open. Looking at Joe then back to me, confused. She takes a long sip from her wine. I think she's in shock, but then again, she's probably psyched that I'm getting some excitement. Ernie and Hugo stand up. They step back from the chairs.

"It was nice to meet you, Alix," Ernis says as Hugo follows.

"My pleasure," I smile back and avoid eye contact with Joe as I can feel him being annoyed at the way I said my pleasure. Jeez.

"Have a good night," as Ernie lends his hand out to Joe.

He looks down at his hands and back up and looks at his eyes as if Ernie is an ant he's going to squash. MMM tough guy. How sexy it feels to be wanted. Ok, May Weathers.

"I'll call you." I mouth.

"Oh, I hope so," she quickly responds as Joe takes my hand and starts to walk away. If only I can turn around and see Linda's face. She's definitely in shock. I know I am, as he demanded us to leave together, the way we are. Why was it so important for us to leave together like this?

We walk around the bend and walk toward the entrance of the restaurant. Joe puts his hand down my lower back. The way he touches me feels stimulating. Will this feeling ever go away?

"Did you come here with Linda?" he asks, walking beside me.

"No, I came in my car...And you? I look up at him.

"I came with, Crystal," he says and gives me a wink. So that's her name, Crystal? His secretary, assistant, whoever. Why do I still feel a lump in my throat? She was too close to be a secretary if you ask me and yet they came together. That's why he gave a wink to make me feel better, I guess. Nope, it's not working. 

"I guess you're coming with me then?" I say, looking at him smirking as he's got that possession look in his eyes again. Damn it, buddy, look away, please. He's so cute. Giddy, giddy.

"Hand me the valet ticket, please," he demands with his hands out, stepping in front of me.

"Why?"