CHAPTER 67

We got in early this morning from the beautiful, unexpected trip Joe ended up surprising me with. Belize was beyond beautiful, words can't describe what an experience it was, with countless memories. Needless to say, I'm exhausted, mentally, and physically. Not that I'm complaining.

I blushed, remembering about our little game night, which he refuses to acknowledge and won't stop insisting that I didn't win fair and square as he called it. He just doesn't want to admit he lost in his own game, with his own rules, even though there were no rules to the 'after the bell' rings factor. But I won't remind or get into that subject.

I kept giving him the 'Yeah OK darling' stares through the whole flight. It was amusing and fun to watch his jaw clench. I've come to a conclusion, Joe can be a big baby, even with all his confidence. I wonder what other games this man's got up his sleeve to prove me wrong. 

I felt my face still flushed, thinking about how quickly my body submitted to his every need last night. Maybe another game wouldn't hurt. Jesus Alix slow down girl, I giggled to myself.

Back to reality, I get myself situated, putting my mindset back into work mode, VP work mode, I should say but wishing I was still in Belize with Joe. It feels as if we've been away for a month, away from all the chaos that happened last week at the Cocktail Reception we had.

Finally, we arrive in front of my office building. I took a deep breath before Robert opened the passenger door, "Thank you, Robert," I softly said as he handed me his hand to help me out of the Rolls Royce. 

Will I ever get used to this, I said to myself, having someone drive me to work every day. I tried to protest the fact that I didn't need the ride into work, but there was no point in arguing, it seems, Joe has his ways of getting what he wants. Typical!

But there's no denying I enjoy Roberts's company, so it all worked out for the better. 

"Your welcome...will you need me this evening," he asks as if he already knows I'll be going back to Joe's after work. I don't know what to say, Joe and I didn't talk about it this morning.

"No, it's ok, I probably have so much to catch up on, maybe a late-night," I honestly answered with a heavy sigh as he nodded. 

"Well, have a great day, Mrs. Taylor," he winked. I moved in and gave him a hug goodbye. I can still feel his body stiffen every time I do. I hope he doesn't mind that I invade his personal space, he has to know, I care about him as well.

I turned my hell and automatically felt my stomach flutter as I walked through the front lobby. Don't get me wrong I love my job, but I felt as my personal life is now an open book. 

Now that Anthony and Brian and god know's whole else is aware that my boyfriend is no other than Joeseph Cardill. I can't have it change at my workplace, I have a title to uphold or have people talk about the 42-year-old divorced mother, dating the youngest Billionaire Bachelor.

I can see the headlines now. 'Divorced cougar snatches the most eligible bachelor Joeseph Cardill.'

Great, that's all my mother, or Michael has to read. Oh gosh, what if Lyla gets wind of it before I finally come to my senses and tell her. 

Before Joe came into my life, I admitted to myself at times, how lonely I was and that I wanted someone to hold at night, someone to just hold me. I was alone for so many years, although I couldn't voice it, I couldn't possibly admit it to Lyla.