CHAPTER 30

It's only been two hours and miss Joe already. It was a beautiful morning, which led to an unforgettable one at that. I can't seem to get enough of him. I forcefully dragged myself into work this morning. My heart and body wanted to stay in bed with him. He can be persuasive, I mean, very compelling. He was dressed and ready to leave until I tugged on his hair. My belly won't stop tickling, thinking about it.

I feel different. Everything feels different now. How will this all play out? Are we an item now? He seemed more attentive to my feelings. He's texted me already about twenty-minutes ago, about how much he missed my lips on his, Um, well, I guess he is a little pervert. I giggle to myself. But I won't take it any less. Geez, can I get this smile off my face?

I know I told him I'm willing to tell Lyla everything. But, every time I think about it, I feel scared out of my wits. Will he let his family and friends now as well. Does he have friends, like I have Linda and Lexi? 

I take a deep breath. This is what I mean. I don't want to be without him. I was miserable and heartbroken last week. I need to see more of where this will be going. I want to know more about him, like what his plans are for the future? Will he stay as a Consultant? 

He has this idea that I worry about his financial stability. I'm afraid to admit to Joe, but I do worry. I've worked hard for so many years to get to where I am. Michael would eat him up alive, and my mother would never let me forget it. 

Talking about my mother, she's going nuts, as to why I haven't called her back. I try. What am I talking about, I'm lying. I don't want to hear her ask about when I've spoken to Micheal. She still doesn't understand how I gave up and divorced him. She will always have this impression that Micheal and I will reconcile. But, she's dead wrong. I don't think anyone can take the place of Joe for right now. He's all the man I need. And he's 25. Shit, that didn't sound right. But...

********

A week has gone by, Joe and I have spoken, nearly every night. It took me by surprise how he's been the one to initiate calling, texting, emailing. It feels real now. I miss his body near me. We've had these extreme phone conversations leading up to having phone sex. He's nuts. He has my thoughts of his body in full effect. Truth be told, I've never had phone sex EVER, don't judge.

There are times, I rack my brain panicking, wondering, what will happen if Lyla or anyone found out about us. I mean, Lyla in particular. Oh, and Michael and my mother. Shucks. Basically, the important ones. 

Linda and Lexi already know, plus let's not forget the infamous Brian. I've been hiding my feelings, hiding us both, keeping secrets. Will it be simple to express, how deep my feelings are for him? I look up at my computer and my belly automatically rolls with butterflies, speaking of the devil. Just received an email from Joe.

________________________________________________________________________________

From: Joe Thomas

Subject: How did you sleep?

Date: July 9th, 2019.

To: Alix Taylor

Good Morning baby,

How did you sleep last night, after you came all over your fingers?

You are something else. You seem to shock me every time.

I know I've reminded you this past week, but thank you for giving me another chance. This is all new for me, and you mean everything to me.

Did you see Brian this morning?