Chapter 10

"Please don't leave." she whispers pleadingly, not opening her eyes. I can feel my heart break at the desperation laced in her voice. It's like someone has left her before and she can't bear for that to happen again. I do what she wants and lay on the bed beside her. I kick my shoes and take my jacket off as well.  She lays her head on my chest and I wrap my arms around her waist. 
"I'll never leave you." I say and kiss her forehead. "I promise."

Camila's POV

I wake up to the warmth of someone's body next to me. Flashbacks from yesterday at the bowling alley start to flow through my head. I frown at the memory of Kylie but smile at the memory of Lauren. The last thing I remember is falling asleep and asking Lauren to stay. I internally punch myself for being so needy and vulnerable.  I look over at her and she looks breathtakingly beautiful. I take the time to study her features and really look at them. They're relaxed and peaceful, as if she has no worries in the world. I can't help but stare at her.  I can't believe I've fawned over her for so long over TV and now she's lying beside. It's honestly so surreal.

She starts to stir, I hope I didn't wake her.

"Staring is rude you know," she says.

"Uh I-I- um I..." I stutter out. She caught me staring at her and that by far is the most embarrassing and stalkerish thing I could ever do.

"Don't hurt your brain Camz," she jokes and laughs making me join her.

"I thought you were asleep?" I ask somewhat puzzled.

"I've been up for a while now." She says. Why didn't she leave? She could've just gotten up and walked out of the door.

 "Why didn't you leave? As soon as you woke up you could've left."  She moves a stand out of hair out of my face and strokes my cheek.

 "Because I wanted to be here when you woke up so I could stare into those beautiful eyes of yours, besides I'd  didn't want to leave without properly saying goodbye." She says and I feel my face flush at her compliment. Lauren is undoubtedly the most perfect human being I have ever encountered. Is she even human? No human can be this perfect. She has to be some sort mystical creature.

"Are you okay?" She asks referring to last night. I shrug it off.

"I'm fine." I simply state.

I get out of the bed and Lauren whines. It's so cute.

"Why'd you leave? Come back." She says with her arms held out. I have the urge to just run back and lay down with her but I have obligations to Sofi.

"I have to get Sofi up for school," I say and walk over to my bedroom door. "She's lazy in the morning." I hear Lauren sigh before exiting my room. I walk down the hall and enter Sofi's room.

"Sof, time to get up baby." I whisper in her ear. She groans and wraps her arms around my neck. It's adorable when she does this. I pick her up and carry her to the bathroom. She finally fully wakes up.

"Morning Kaki," she says in the cutest little morning voice.

"Morning Sofi," I set her down and tell her to brush her teeth. She walks over to the sink and pulls out her tooth brush. I walk back to my room but Lauren's gone. So she finally decided to leave. I walk downstairs to the living room to see Dinah sprawled all over the couch. She must've slept over. Dinah groans and that's when the aroma of bacon and pancakes hit my nose. I saunter in the kitchen to see Lauren over the stove.... cooking? She can cook!? Oh my god can she get anymore perfect? I walk behind her and tap her shoulder. She's a little startled but turns around to face me.

"You scared me Camz," she says placing a hand over her heart and I giggle.

"Sorry Lolo." I say before walking back over to the couch that Dinah's laying on. Like Sofi, she isn't a morning person. I jump on her back. She grumbles and pushes me off.