Chapter 7

"Let's go." I say and we leave the hospital.

Camila's POV

"Can we get ice cream Kaki!" My little sister says excitedly. I really don't want to bother Lauren more than I already have.

"No, Sofi. We don't want to keep bothering Lauren." She slumps down in her seat with sad eyes. I really hate saying no to her.

"Like I said before. It's not a bother. So how about that ice cream Sofi?"  Lauren says and my heart swells. The media never shows this side of Lauren. She's possibly the sweetest person ever.

"YAAAAY!" Sofi squeals out. Lauren laughs at Sofi's outburst and I join in.

"I like Lauren better than you Kaki!" I pout and feign crying.

"Kaki don't cry, I was only kidding!" I stoped pouting. And smile a big grin at Lauren clearly showing her how happy I am that Sofi chose me. Lauren laughs at me and turns her head back facing the road.

"You have a beautiful smile." She says without looking at me. My cheeks instantly heat up and turn crimson.

"Thank you." I say looking down shyly. Why does she have to say these sweet things to me?

We pull into the parking lot of an ice cream shop I've never been to before. 'Mickey's Famous Ice Cream'. I wonder why I've never been here before.

"This is my favorite ice cream shop in Miami, I used to come here a lot as a kid. I still do, but not as much now since I'm always traveling." She tells me.

We get out of the car and walk into the place. Lauren gets noticed by the few people in there and signs a couple of autographs.

"I'm sorry about that," she says. "It's fine. That comes with being famous right? Getting noticed everywhere you go."

"Yeah, it kinda sucks sometimes, you know? Like I can't go on a normal outing like this." I nod my head in understatement.

"Yeah, being in the spotlight all the time, having people broadcast every aspect of your life. I know it must get a bit much."

"Exactly, but it's worth it. I get to live my dream and make people happy in doing so. That's the best part of being famous. Making people happy and that, in return, makes me happy." I smile at her answer because it was so genuine and honest. Her music has helped me so much. It amazes me how inspiring someone can be yet the media only focus' on the bad about them.

She picks up Sofi so she can see the different ice cream flavors. I literally am aw'd by the litlte display of affection. "So Sofi, what ice cream flavor will it be?" she asks her.

Sofi thinks a minute before answering, "CHOCOLATE CHIP!" Lauren gives Sofi a high five. "Good choice," she says and winks at her. Her cheeks lightly turn red. Lauren seemingly having the same charming effect on me as well as my little sister.

"And for you my lady?" She asks, taking my hand and kissing it, leaving a slight tingling feeling. I instantly blush. "I'll have vanilla."

"Yoooo look it's Lauren!" A guy around his mid-thirties with light brown eyes, scruffy hair and an  Italian accent says coming out to greet Lauren, Sofi and I.

"GIOVANNI!" Lauren yells and gives the man a hug. He kisses both of her cheeks.

"How you been Lauren?" He asks full of interest.

"Oh ya know, just touring the world and stuff. Nothing too big." He scoffs and rubs her head.

"Same old Lauren," she nods while smiling up at the older man. "So Lauren, who is this pretty young lady?"