Chapter 30

Camila's POV

"Karla!" I heard my father's voice boom into my ears. "Karla, Karla Karla," he said over and over again with a smirk. "You've been a bad girl." He brought his hand up and slapped me across the cheek. I brought my hand to my face. "Why are you back?" I asked as my eyes welled up with tears. "To beat the gay out of you." His smile was sadistic, killer like. I was beyond scared. He slapped me again, this time harder then the last. I tried to run but he grabbed my shirt and threw me against the floor. He picked me up and thew me again. This time my head hit a table, blood was rushing out of my face, I need to get out of here.

He hovered over me, and let out a sinister laugh. "You know being gay in a sin." He said and kicked me in the stomach. "Girls should like boys and boys should like girls." He kicked me again knocking all the air out of my lungs. "Stop!" I tried to yell but it came out as a squeak. "What was that?" He asked and struck me with his fist.

"Lauren!" I called the name of my girlfriend, wishing she could save me from this awful man. "Lauren? Is that your little girlfriend?" He asked, disgust laced in his grungy voice. "She can't help you." I whimpered when his fist connected to my jaw. "Please stop. Please please stop." I begged but he wouldn't. "Are you still gay?"

"I can't help who I am." I cried out. And with that he hit me again. "P-please s-s-sto-op. I'm s-s-sorry." I kept begging but he kept hitting.

Lauren's POV

I woke up to thrashing around. I looked over and Camila was twisting and turning in her sleep. "Please stop." She cried. "I'm sorry." She whimpered. "Lauren!" She called out my name. She must be having a bad dream. I felt her forehead and it was covered in sweat, she was practically shivering. I shook her lightly. "Camz, wake up." She kept thrashing around. "Camz, baby wake up." I shook her a little harder. "No stop!" Tears were coming out of her closed eyes and I knew I had to wake her up. "Camz!" I shook her again but she didn't wake up, so I did the only thing I knew would wake her.

I attached my lips to hers in a gentle kiss. It took a few seconds before she kissed me back but once she did I disconnected our lips and she opened her eyes. I could see all the fear shine in those chocolate orbs that I love. "Lauren?" She asked shakily and I nodded. "Yes baby it's me." I said and she immediately buried her face in my neck and wrapped her arms tightly around my midsection. I instantly wrapped my arms around her and stroked up and down her back soothingly. I felt a wetness hit my skin and I knew that she was still crying. "Shh baby, it's okay. I'm here." I whispered as I stroked her hair and kissed her head. "It was just a bad dream." She was trembling and my heart instantly broke at seeing how scared she was. "I'm right here baby girl, nothing or no one is going to hurt you." I tried soothing her. She looked at me with glassy scared eyes. "P-promise?" She stuttered. "I promise."

I wonder what she dreamt about that could make her this scared. I hate that I can't do anything about it though, if I could I'd take all of her pain away. I just held her the rest of the night until she fell back asleep. I'll have to ask her in the morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with Camila laying on top of me, her face nuzzled into the crook of neck. I kissed her jawline and she let out a cute sigh. I smiled and stared at the beauty before me.

She seemed relaxed now, her features were extremely peaceful. Her soft pink lips were slightly parted and they looked so kissable. I gave her a quick peck, I couldn't resist. I kissed her chin, both of her cheeks, her forehead and then her lips again.

I saw a smile form at the corners of her mouth, she was awake but was pretending to be sleep. This girl. I kissed all around her face until she started giggling. "Lolooo," she groaned as I kept kissing, "stop it!"