Chapter 39

After I get out to the shower I feel so much better though my body still hurts, the small cuts on my body and lip are no longer bleeding. As soon as I finish getting dressed I walk out of the bathroom. I find Aiden lounging on my bed, his hair still wet from his shower. His lip is also busted but no longer bleeding.

"Why does everything that happens to me happen to you and Eric as well?" I ask quietly walking over to my bed, Aiden pulls me onto my bed beside him, and I cuddle up to his side.

"Being linked isn't just loving someone whether you wanted to or not, it is also being someone other half, sharing their emotions, feeling what they feel, and even.." he points to the numerous cuts and bruises, "gaining their pain.."

His eyes are searching my face, and I yearn for his lips to find mine, but suddenly my stomach convulses and I wince.

Aiden's face grows concerned and I try to speak but words don't come out.  Studding my stomach lurches and I have only a few seconds to make it to the bathroom before I throw up.

Aiden comes into the bathroom, and holds my hair, I stop after a few moments and stand up, I brush my teeth and wash my face before I will make eye contact with Aiden.

"What happened?" Aiden asks, and I can't answer because I'm not sure.

Instead I walk into Eric's room, I don't think about knocking I just want to know if he is the reason for the sudden sickness.

"Ava!" I hear Eric yell as I see him grab for his fallen towel. I stand there stunned for a moment, my eyes taking every thing in.

"Oh my God I am so sorry..." I say before I run back into my room.

"I think I know what happened..." Aiden says almost laughing.

"What do you mean?" I ask confused.

"Well let's just say that sometimes when you think about the person you are linked to, it draws them to you and they get sick if they don't go to you. Well our boy next door was thinking about you in the shower, and because I was holding you, you couldn't feel the pull and got sick.." Aiden stifles a laugh.

"Why was he thinking of me in the shower?" I ask completely oblivious.

"Boys will be boys.." Aiden laughs while shrugging.

I ponder over the situation, then it hits me, and I blush instantly.

"Look, we should rest until the king informs us that it is time, because for all we know we not be getting any rest for a while." Aiden says, and heads to his room. I follow him, and when he notices I see a small smile on his lips, as if he has one this round against Eric. He sits on his bed patting the spot beside him, I climb onto the bed and sit beside him.

I don't realize how tired I was until I am already asleep.

I look around, and realize I am in my old bedroom. I'm in the same soft bed, and the same soft blankets engulf me.

"I remember this room.." I hear a voice beside me. I nearly jump at the sight of my brother.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, getting out of my bed.

"I just wanted to spend some quality time with my twin, it's hard being stuck in the locked memories in your mind.." Lee says, his face in a sarcastic pout.

"Why are you always so dark?" I ask, his eyes twinkle at the statement.

"Hmm, maybe because I was doomed to die before I even made it into this world, and now I have to be imprisoned in my twin sisters subconscious..

"Sorry.." I say, feeling awkward.

"Don't apologize.. it's out mother's fault I am like this.." he says, his voice irritated.

"What do you mean?" I ask, he sits down on the bed, and pats it for me to sit down.

"Before we were born, our mother went to a very powerful witch, she asked the witch which over her babies were the strongest, and the witch told her that you were, well, our mother was only slightly pleased with that. In fact once she confirmed that I was indeed a boy, she grew angry, she didn't want me to be weaker, so she started following strict instructions from the witch to make me stronger, you see our mother never wanted children.. she wanted weapons, well weapon.. she only wanted me to be born, the Witch had done spells to try to siphon your strength and give it to me, and at first it was working. But what they didn't realize is that every time they took from you, you grew stronger, it was as if you knew you were helping me and you were doing what you could to make me stronger, which ultimately made you far stronger. A couple weeks before our due date, our mother went to the witch one last time, she asked the witch how strong I had become and the witches face fell when she realized that you had still became stronger, through giving me life. Our mother was furious.. she told the witch to cut you out, she didn't want you anymore. She refused to have anyone be stronger than her son. Before the witch could do it though.. our aunt caught them, she forced my mother to go back to the castle, and on their way back, she went into labor.. our father does not know most of what our mother did... only I know.."

"How do you know?" I ask, my voice shaky.

"Because when you die, you can go through life however you would like.. I have seen our mother grow up from infancy, to the horrible women who created us.. I have even seen the creation of Terra.."

"Have you seen the future?" I ask, not wanting to know the answer.

"I have not, father time refuses the dead of such things.." Lee pouts slightly.

"Before when I saw you in the hall.. you said that I could make others see you.. how could I do that?"

"Ava.. I know how you can make that happen... but I don't know if either of us would survive it.." he says, shaking his head.

"Why?"

"Because I have no soul Ava, I gave you mine when I died, and it has become one with yours, and to bring me back you would have to learn how to give part of your soul away... and as far as I know there is only one person who knows how to do it successfully and it know they won't do it.." he hangs his head.

"Who?" I watch his expression closely.

"Our father.."