Chapter 6

"My father is not here with you?" I stammered, confused.

"No, nor will he ever be. He is a filthy pest, who wants nothing more than to use you against the world." She said her tone revealing how annoyed she was getting. "Now I am growing quite tired of standing around in the doorway. Please let's get you settled in. "

"No. I am not staying here with you, please just let me go home.." I said losing the last bit of strength I had. Before I knew it I was being lifted off the floor, I rolled my head around to see who the arms around my body belonged to. I couldn't see, I started to grumble.

"Shh, you're okay. I'm taking you to your room, you need rest." A male voice whispered in my ear. He cradled me deeper into his chest, I stopped grumbling relaxing in the warmth of the body holding me. He lowered me to a bed, and pulled the blanket over me.

"What did you think was going to happen Scarlet! You struck her, of course she was going to faint! Hell,  she doesn't even understand how to control her powers and you struck her!" The male voice boomed.

"She is ignorant, she wasn't going to listen I had to do something!" Scarlet said. How was this woman my mother? She seemed like a snake in disguise.

"Snakes are far kinder than me dear." She said flatly. Had I really just said that out loud? Oh well I didn't care, my mind was to fuzzy to pay much attention.

"Scarlet,  I told you I would bring her to you and protect her. I will protect her against anything, even you" the male voice said. I heard a door slam, followed by a loud sigh. I heard shuffling around, before finally falling into blackness.

"I found you AvaLee, I told you I would. Now you can be everything you are meant for." Aiden smiled, his eyes twinkling a dark gray. He held his hand out to me, I took it without hesitation.

"What am I meant for?" I asked, confused. He pulled me to him, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"You're meant to save the others. You're meant to save us." He said before leaning into me, his lips were inches from mine. I started closing the distance-

"Ava?" He said looking down, my eyes followed .

Blood was everywhere.

He clung to me, life leaving his eyes. I looked behind him, and there she stood.

Her face was malicious, her eyes drinking in the scene. 

Then the world around us erupted as I let out my rage-

"Ava! Ava! Wake up! Your having a nightmare! It's ok it's not real-" the male voice said beside me. I opened my eyes as my memories of the day before flooded back. Eric stood in front of me, hair ruffled as if he had been woke up by my nightmare tantrum.

"-Ava you're ok, here this may help" he said climbing on the bed to sit beside me before pulling me against him, and softly rubbing my hair. I ran a hand over my face, feeling dampness on my cheeks. Had I been crying?

"What happened?" I said not entirely remembering why I was in bed. He tensed up, then something clicked in my head right as the door swung open. A blonde haired girl with a slim figure barged in, she was dressed in a black robe with bare feet.

"Will you guy's shut up?!" She scowled at us before realizing I was leaned against him. She smirked,"Eric honey, when you're done being prince charmimg do come back to bed." She turned and walked out, not before flashing me an evil smile.

I quickly recoiled from him, suddenly feeling self concious. He suddenly got up, shuffling around before turning to face me.

"Sorry about Ivy,  she is sweet when you get to know her. She must have heard you screaming. I was asleep, luckily I heard you. I better get back now, are you okay?" He said looking nervous.

I hesitated, "She is your girlfriend?"

"I guess you could say that, we haven't been away from each other since we were children, and we just kinda click" he said a small smile playing on his lips. His eyes were distant, as if he were remembering something. I looked away, wanting nothing more than to get out of these clothes. I looked around for my phone, searching my bra. It wasn't in there, I started to panic. I looked up at Eric before he turned bright red pulling my phone out of his pocket.

"It fell out when you were stru-", he stopped. He shuffled towards me dropping the phone in my hands, before turning and hurrying for the door.

"What were you about to say?" I said stopping him in his tracks. He tensed up, but instead continued out the door. Shocked I got up on wobbly legs, and pushed the closest heavy thing in front of it. I ran back to the bed, snatching my phone up I turned it on.

Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding

There were 25 voice mail's, and 16 text messages.

I started scrolling through the messages.

The first 12 were from Calli, mainly her apologizing for ditching me at the party. But the last few of her message's, we're what worried me. She explained how a tall boy with black hair, that was really handsome came into the party and asked her for my phone number.  He had told her that I wanted to see him again, but I had to rush off at the last minute so she gave him my number.

I froze, the tiny hairs on my back and arms standing on end.

I looked at the rest of the messages.

It was a number I didn't recognize. I opened them up.

AvaLee, oh darling AvaLee won't you run away with me?

You know, if you came with me then you would be set free

AvaLee I will save you, before it's too late. Don't worry. .

Ava, I promise I'm not going to hurt you.

I stared at my phone, my mouth had went dry. Not sure on what to do I text the number back.

Who are you?

I sent the text before throwing the phone on the bed. I shuffled around the room, slowly becoming more scared.

My phone started to ring, but instead of my text message tone it was blaring Scars by papa roach.

The number was calling me.

I picked up the phone, pausing before finally pressing the green button on the screen.

"Who is this?!" I hissed into the phone.

"Well, hello to you too AvaLee", the voice chuckled.