Chapter 69

Aiden

I wake up in the middle of the night, and feel the warm body laying beside me. I pull her into my chest tightly, and she sighs in content. I smile to myself, realizing this is what I hope can be mine for the rest of my life.

I hear a soft knock at the door, and gently get out of bed hoping I don't wake her. I go to my door, softly opening it to find Lee on the other side. He gives me a lopsided grin, and I can see he needs to talk. I spare a glance at Ava's sleeping form, before I slide out of the door, shutting it quietly.

"Sorry to bother you, but I feel like I can talk to you about this.." he whispers, I nod, "so, when I was inside of Ava's head, I could hear her thoughts. I mean obviously, I was in her head, but like I hear them still, but not just hers.. it's not entirely coherent thoughts.. but they are there.. and I can hear them now."

I look at him confused, and he looks as if he is trying to find the words.

"You hear someone else's thoughts? Other than Ava's?" I ask, he nods, but seems uneasy, or energetic.

It's hard to tell ever since he had his transformation.

"I think, I might have a strange essence.." he mumbles, "but I need to try something."

He lifts his hand, and I trust him as he lifts his hand to touch my arm. His dark eyes change between a stormy blue to a pale grey. His face changes a bit before I hear something in my room, and I remember how it felt to hold Ava.

Lee gags, and I look at him in confusion.

"Yep, it definitely worked.. next time I will avoid any of my sister's links.." he scrunched his nose, "I can read peoples thoughts, and I guess feel their essences. Which would make sense why I can hear other thoughts that are incoherent. It was her essence.."

"That's amazing, Lee, but we should really get some sleep. I'll see you tomorrow.." I say, he says goodbye, and I quietly go back into my room. I notice Ava has tossed, and turned a bit, I slide in beside her. I pull the blanket over us, and hold her against me. She stretches, and presses her body against me.

I lean in, pressing my lips against hers before I slowly drift off into a peaceful dream.

I am standing in the peace meadow, it's called that because thats where they signed the peace treaties between our people. It's where alot of our people have also been married. 

I walk to the center of the meadow, I decide to take a seat. Within a few seconds someone comes to sit beside me. I turn my head to find Ty sitting there, he gives me a small smile.

"I see you made your way to my hiding place, how do you like it so far?" He says, his voice clear.

"It's beautiful here, I see why you come here.. but if you don't mind me asking, why are you here now? At the same time as me?" I question him, he looks at me before looking at the surrounding woods.

"It's where I'll be, you will see.. not now, obviously, this is simply just a dream.." Ty says, his words a rhyme.

Before I can question him anymore, I hear a child's laughter, then I am pulled out of my dream.

My eyes slowly crack open as the sun pours into the room. I can see the dark black hair pooling across the pillows. I gently caress the cheek lying under the soft hair. She let's out a small sound as I lean in, kissing her cheek.

"I feel like I could sleep forever.." Ava whines, I smile down at her.

"I can believe it, you pushed me off the bed three times throughout the night." I lie, she opens one eyelid to stare at me, before she pushes me to the edge of the bed. I snatch her hand as I begin to fall over the edge. She tumbles off with me, causing us both to burst out in laughter.

She lifts off my chest sitting herself onto my lap, I visibly gulp as I notice her night gown has ridden up. I also notice that my pajama bottoms are very much from the human world, therefore the small pocket on the front for access, is giving just that.

I quickly lift her up onto the bed, as I readjust myself. Deciding I need to shower very quickly.

Her cheeks are red, and I wonder if she had noticed the position we were in.

"I'm going to take a quick shower, darling, would you like anything before that?" I ask, I turn just enough so she can't see anything, she shakes her head.

I feel guilty for stopping what was about to happen, but I done it for her. I don't want her to regret it, especially after her events the other night. I close the bathroom door, and immediately turn the water scolding. As I'm showering I can't fight the thoughts, and decide to stop torturing her for a moment, and smother the link a bit. I finish the shower, and manage to calm my body down. I drop my head as I realize I forgot to get any clothes.

I walk out of my bathroom, and notice Ava is visibly upset. I ignore the fact I'm only wearing a towel, and go to her side.

"Love, whats wrong?" I say, pulling her into my arms. She begins to cry, and I hold her in my lap as I sit on the bed.

"I don't know what's happening to me, it feels as if I'm being pulled in three directions.. but.. I'm so emotional, and earlier all I wanted was to show you how much I feel for you, and I didn't even realize that it's not the time. And now you are shutting me out.." she sobs, I hold her tighter, and eventually her cries quieten to sniffles.

"Avalee, I didn't stop that earlier because I didn't want you. Because believe me, I wanted it more than anything. But I can feel your emotions, and I refused to give in to my urges until the time is right. I would be taking advantage of you if I tried anything right now. I don't look at you bad, my love.. I shut you out in hopes to keep from making your urges worse.." I say, blushing, she nods against my chest.

I decide to let her shower in my room, and I quickly dress.

I think it's time to bring a little peace into her life.