Come Back (3)

Betty P.O.V

It's been a year. A whole year ever since he left. He went away and only left a note behind. Ever since that day, I have locked myself in my room. I woke up, go to school in huge hoodies so that no one could identify me and went straight to my room. Everyone thought I also left but I was still here under darkness. Without him, everything felt numb. His importance in my life, I understood it when he left. But it was very late. I tried to contact him but he phone was always unreachable. I guessed he also changed him phone number because of me. I don't except him to come back. He must be very happy in Toledo with a new girlfriend and his family. That's what I have assumed for a year.

My mom have become strange after that night. Archie had always maintained a good image in front of my mother. He would lie to her and she always believed him. That night, he told my mother that I was double dating. My mother become furious and took her anger out on me. She have started beating me in small things. When I don't eat food, I get a slap; I don't clean dishes after meal, I get a slap. Her fingers have left marks and scars all over my body. The confidence which I had was gone away. I always try to hide from people because I'm scared they will also harm me. I was alone and sometimes I wished I could go back in past and change everything.

I was in my room cleaning shelves when I heard a loud thud noise. It made me jump and I accidentally hit a vase and it shattered into pieces. When I looked closely, it was my mother's favorite and expensive vase. I immediately bend down and stared to grab the pieces. That's when my door swung open and my mother came and she was furious.

“What the hell!?? My expensive vase that I bought from Italy!!” My mother yelled and bend down.

I'm sorry Mom.. I.. It just I accidentally” She didn't even let me complete my sentence and lay her hand on my face. My cheek was sore after a hard slap. My eyes were ready to spill tears.

“Do you even know it's prize? I bet you don't. Stop making problems for me you clumsy girl. Can't you just leave this house!” She yelled and for the first time I mentally agreed on her words. There was no point living in this house. I stood up and grab a bag.

“What are you doing?” She asked.

“Leaving” I said and throw clothes and important things in the bag. “You can't leave just like that?” She asked. I took my wallet and grabbed my bag. I went closer to her and said, “Watch me”

I was walking through the side path of road and found a bench. Where will I go now? Nobody wants me! Everyone hate me! That already think that I left the town so why don't I leave their lives. I was lonely and there was no one to hold me. It was getting dark and cold. I wrap my arms around my body and lay down on the cold bench. I was getting asleep slowly and then everything went black.

Jughead Jones P.O.V

Riverdale, the town I left an year ago. I left because of the her. Betty Cooper, the love of my life. Even though she cheated, I loved her. I tried to move on but my heart didn't allowed me.

When I was in Toledo, I heard people saying that she also left.But why would she? She got what she wanted, the golden boy Archie Andrews. Then why? Is she was suffering from something? Did Archie again cheated on her? All those thoughts never left my mind and I needed answer of them. So I did the reasonable thing, I came her back.

It was dark when my bus made it's final stop at Riverdale. I was hungry so I thought I should go to pop's first. I started walking towards the diner. In the path, I noticed a girl laying on a bench. Her whole body was blue. She looked faint. I ran towards her and that's when ny heart drop when I saw her face. “Oh My God Betty!!!” I shook her body but she didn't wake up. I put my one hand under her thighs and one under her neck. I lifter her up in bridal style and ran towards the hospital.

“DOCTOR I NEED A DOCTOR. IT'S AN EMERGENCY. ” I yelled at the reception and some people came with s stretcher. I lay her body down and they took her to the emergency room. I sat outside the room with my hands on my face. Why? Why Betty? Why I found in such a miserable place?

After 4 hours of waiting, Doctor came. I immediately stood up and asked if she was alright, “Mr. Jones you took her here on the right time. Otherwise we could have loose her. Her temperature and blood pressure was fallen. We have given her the medicine and she will be up in any minute.” Doctor explained and left.

I went to her room and her sight made my heart drop. It was dark earlier so I couldn't look at her face properly but now all I see marks and scars. All over her body, her legs, arms, face were covered in scars. My eyes filled with tears as I watched her struggling with life. I touched her hand and her eyes slowly opened.

She looked around the room and then her eyes finally met fine. It was just a second when her eyes started tearing up. She hold my hand as tight as she could. She started crying and I immediately went closer to her. “Betts hey don't cry... I'm here. I'm not going anywhere.” I said calming her down. But she didn't, she cried more and I continued to calm her down. “I m-missed y-you” She cried. That melted my heart. “I missed you too” I said and hold her hand. She sobs were becoming quiet second by second.

“Betty I really don't want to ask now but I want to know why you ended up in a bench?”

I.. Uh.. I left my home.” She nearly whispered

“Why? ” I asked.

When we were together and I was meeting Archie. He wasn't really interested in me. He was just playing around for a bet. When you left, he told me and I slapped him. I went to your house to tell how sorry I was but you already left. When I went back home, my own mother was furious on me because Archie told her I was double dating and that's when my whole life changed. You see these scars these are from my own mother. You see these baggy clothes these are from my own darkness. I realised I made my life's biggest mistake because my happiness is all you. I don't want you to get together with me and I know that you don't want to. But I just want your forgiveness.” She said.

I wanted time to think about the situation. Of course I wanted her but after last time I have got some trust issues.

“Betts... I forgive you.” I said. She looked at me with her big green eyes which I have loved the most in her and there was a small smile on her lips.

“As for the other part, Yes! I need time to think about.. Us.” I said.

She gave a nod in agreement and understanding the situation.

“Betts you don't have anywhere to stay right? ” I asked and she shrugged her shoulders.

“Why don't you move in with me? ” I asked her.

What! I mean are you serious?”  She asked or can I say yelled.

“Yes I could get company and if it's you it will be nice.” I said. She smiled and then her smile dropped,

Jug why are you being so nice after what I did? I deserve nothing.” She said and look down.

I lifted her chin and made her look in my eyes, “You deserve the whole world Betty Cooper. Now let's go to our new home.”

After 6 Months

I was in front of my locker when someone closed my eyes. “Guess who?” I heard. I decided to play around. “ I don't know, Ethel” I teased. The hands were gone from my eyes and I turned around to see a pouty face Betty Cooper. “Really! Out of everyone.. Ethel.” She said and crossed her arms over her chest. I laughed and kissed her. “I know it was you babe. I was just teasing you.” I said and wrap my arms around her.

“I love you so much Betty you have no idea” I said and kissed her hairline.

She smiled and kissed me on my jawline, “and you don't have any idea how much I love you.”

Why don't you show me tonight? ” I smirked at her.

She smirked back and whispered in my ear, “Oh I will”

Bell rang and we both went to our class with holding each other's hand.

....... ................. END....... .....