"Roommate"

Jughead P.O.V

Moving to New York was a big step in my life. After completing my education from Riverside high, I'm moving to New York for further education. I was going through newspaper, searching a place to live.

My fingers were sliding on the
Rough paper of newspaper and stooped at one advertisement.

Searching for Roommate.
(Random Address)
Betty Cooper ( Her no.) ”

Betty Cooper?” I pulled out my phone from jeans and dialed the number. After 4 rings, someone picked up.

“Hello. Betty Cooper?”

Yes, who's this? ”

“Jughead Jones here. I have read your advertisement and I'm searching for a place too. ”

Okay. The place is free here. You can come and have look on it. ”

“Sure. I will be there in 1 hour.”

“Okay great. Bye”

“Bye” And I hung up.

..

I knocked on the door as mentioned in the address written down in the newspaper. I heard some footsteps coming closer to the door. The door finally opened and there was a beautiful girl standing in front of me and she was around my age. She had amazing emerald green eyes and beautiful blonde hair. For not this moment to get awkward, I greeted her first.

“Betty Cooper? ” I asked.

“Jughead” She said. Her voice was sweet and decent.

“Yeah that's me. ” I said and she smiled. She moved aside so that I can get in. I went through whole apartment. She showed me kitchen, living room, my soon to be bedroom and balcony. “And that is my room. ” She said pointing towards a door. “So, what you think? ” She asked. “I think its a great apartment and sure I'm moving in. When should I bring my things? ” I asked her. “How about now? ” She said excitedly. “Let me help you. ” She suggested. “Okay” I said and smiled at her.

“Okay that was last one” I said and placed a cardboard box in my room. I looked at time and it was dinner time and I was felling really hungry. She must have noticed it by my stupid stomach voice. She giggled. “You are really hungry? ” She asked and I shrugged my shoulder playfully. “Let's order Pizza” She suggested and I licked my lips playfully. She giggle at my actions.

She ordered pizza and we both went to couch. “What should we watch? ” She asked, holding bunch of CD's in her hand. “How about something horror? ” I smirked at her. “Okay then, Annabella” She said and inserted the Cd in the player. She jumped on couch and sat beside me. I stood up and shut the lights off to make it more intense. I walked back to couch and grabbed a piece of pizza and started watching the movie. During movie, I looked towards Betty and she was hiding her face with cushion. I laughed at her and she looked me with dead eyes. I quickly moved my head back to the movie. When the movie end, I looked back to Betty and she was sleeping. I picked her up in bridal style and went her room. I lay her down on bed and covered her with blanket. I was about to leave when she grabbed my hand.

“Jug, I know we have meet today only but I am really scared now. Can.. You stay? ” I smiled at her and nodded. I went to the other side of bed and lay down. She was still away from me but we were on same bed. I closed my eyes and fall asleep. It was mid-night when I heard sobbing. I wake up and saw Betty was silently crying. “Betts What happened? ” I touched her shoulder while asking her. She pointed toward the window. I was confused and looked towards the windows and heard a loud sound of lightning. “Oh she is scared from lightning. ” I thought. I hugged her and rubbed her back. “It's okay Betts, I'm here for you. ” I said trying my best to calm her down. I lay down with her and snuggle her close to me whispering calming words in her ear. Few minutes later, her breathing went normal. “I'm sorry. It's just when I was little there was no one to hold me during Lightnings. My mother passed away when she gave birth to me and my father didn't really cared about me. He cursed me for my mother's death. I had no one. That's why I am afraid to these things. I'm sorry again” She said trying her best not to cry again. “It's okay Betty you have me now.” I said and removed a hair strand from her face and put it behind her ear.

I was wishing at that moment, I could kiss her. I couldn't control anymore and lean in. In surprise she was doing the same. Finally our gap filled with our kiss. Her lips were soft and gentle. They taste like pure strawberries. I grabbed her cheeks and deepen the kiss more.

After I pulled away, we rested our foreheads on each other. “Wow” It was all I said at the moment. She chuckled and snuggle closer to me and we both went back to sleep.