Pretty Stranger

Betty P.O.V

Elizabeth!! You were supposed to be reach home at 9 o'clock and look it's 9:10.Where were you? ”

As I entered my house, my mother started screaming on me for being late. It's not my fault in it. It was just Veronica and Kevin wasn't letting me go because of some important stuff decision. Even though I ran as fast as I could to reach home on time but unfortunately I couldn't reach.

“Mom I'm sorry.. I--” I was explaining myself but she cut me off, ‘ I don't want to listen your silly excuses. Just go to your room and you are grounded for 1 week. ” She snapped. I went to my bedroom and shut my door with a loud ‘thud’ sound. I break down once I closed the door. My back was on door and tears were streaming down to my cheeks. I couldn't believe her, all she wants me to be her perfect little daughter. I am not perfect, I'm not a perfect girl next door.

I needed to get out of here. I can't live here anymore. It's becoming difficult for me to pretend everything is fine but it's not. I waited for midnight for Mom to sleep. I packed my bag with essential items and clothes. I walked downstairs without making any notice and took her purse. I took maximum cash as I can. She already have a lot in bank. I went upstairs and opened my window. I carefully landed on ground and ran away from the house.

I went to the bus station. There was a proper silence in that place. I went to the bench and out my stuff besides me.

I felt someone behind behind me, I looked back and saw a boy around my age. He was wearing black clothes and a beanie on his head. “Are.... Are you a thief?” I asked him as I was terrified  seeing him in the middle of night. He let out a chuckle and sat besides me on the bench. “No I'm not don't worry.” He said. I could see a smile on his face in the black also. “Oh umm.. Sorry for assuming. ” I said quietly. He nodded in response. “What are you doing here in the middle of night? ” He asked. “I don't know you.. Why should I tell you? ” I replied. “Okay.. I'm Jughead Jones.. What about you? ” He asked nicely. “Betty Copper” I Mummbled enough for him to hear. “You ran away. Didn't you? ” He asked pointing to my bag. “Uhh.. Yea” I said. I looked at him and weakly smiled. “So.. You wanna talk about it.. Just like a friend to friend. ”  He suggested. For some reason, I found it comfortable to talk to him. “It's because of my... mom. ” I sigh. “ She thinks I'm her perfect little daughter who wore pastal colors clothes, good grades and be perfect in other works also. I was known as ‘perfect girl next door’... I was tired. Tired of all this pretending. All she think about her reputation and nothing. She never cares about my feelings and happiness. She could be so mean sometimes which break down me. I have cried my entire life and that's why I left. ” I wiped my tear coming from my eyes.

“Why are you here? ” I asked him. He let of a long sigh before speaking. “ Well my story is kinda similar to you... I lived with my alcoholic dad. He.. He could be very abusive sometime and beat me. I was living with him because I had no choice and money. But.. Now I'm 18 and my work provides me with plenty of money so here I am.. ” He said and chuckled in last. He was going through same problem like me. It was night, but I could see his scars on face probably because of his dad. I felt bad for him. No child deserves it.

“I'm sorry Jug” I said softly. “ It's okay and don't apologize. It's not your fault.” He said. “ I like talking to you.” I smiled at him. “ Believe me Cooper I feel the same. ” He smiled back.

The bus finally came and stood in front of us. I stood up and walked towards the door of the bus. I stopped and looked back. “ If you want we can run away together? ” I asked. He looked at me then hung his bag over his shoulder and came towards me. “ I'm so in. ” He said and Smirked. I giggled and we both went inside the bus.

It was the start of new journey of life for both of them Together.

Short Story 💕