I don't think so ( part 2 )

Betty P.O.V

I was sitting in one one of the booths at pops. My back was facing the front door of the diner. I was tapping my fingers eagerly waiting for Jughead.

I stopped tapping on it when the door open and bell rang.

I turned to see him and the women next to him. He was holding her hand. She looked at me with shy nature. She whispered something in Jug's ear and left the diner.

Right then, Jug made his way to my booth and sat opposite to me.

“So what you want to talk about? ” His cold sentence made my heart break into pieces. But I deserved it. I was the one who left him.

“Who was she? ” I asked.

“Umm.. That was my fiancee, Maria. ” He said without looking in my eyes. Looking somewhere else.

“Why she left? I wanted to meet her. ”

“Well she said she shouldn't be between us. She wanted me to have this conversation alone with you to settle everything.” He said.

“She is nice. I am glad you find someone like her. ” I said showing my happiness in a fake smile.

“Cut the crap Betty, tell me why you called me after damn 2 years? ” Now he was angry.

“Jug.. ” I started touching his hand on the table but he quickly took his hand back and stared at me for continuing what I was saying earlier.

“Jug I want to say I'm sorry. I'm so sorry that I left you. Believe me I regret it. It is the most painful mistake of my life. I left because I thought that without me you will succeed in life. After all Black Hood thing, I was scared that you will leave me after that so I took the step and left. I wish I could return in past and change it. But I know the damage which is done is done. But when I heard about your wedding, I was terrified. Terrified to loose you for real. I packed my things and returned as soon as possible. But I guess you have moved on. ”

There was this long silence when he break it..

“Do you know how much... How much I have suffered when you was not here. When you left me. GOD DAMN I WAS LIVING LIKE HELL. I WAS SO HEART BROKEN THAT I CUT ALL MY STRINGS WITH PEOPLE THAT WANTED TO HELP ME. I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT I WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU. AND.... ”

“And? ” I asked him.

I looked at me with angry eyes and said

“And I never stopped loving you. I love you now and will love you always. ” With that he left the diner.

I was shocked at his statement that he loves me after what I did to him. I started crying their realising my biggest mistake. I felt that someone just sat beside me. I looked up to see none other than,

Maria.

Next Part??