I don't think so ( Part 3 )

Betty POV

I felt someone just sat beside me, I looked up to see none other than.,

Maria.

“Oh it's you! ” I said wiping my tears.

“I am Betty. Betty Copper. ” I hold my hand in air and she grabbed it and said,

“Maria De'soza”

“You are marrying Jughead, right. Must be happy about it. ”

I said faking the smile hiding my true emotions.

“I... I never liked Jug. I was just his friend who helped him from recovering from his lost. He was so broken that his dad approached me and said I should help and settle with him permanently. At that time, I said yes but now I think the situation is changed. ”

I was quite and shocked listening to her story. That how she truly helped Jug.

“Do you love him? ” She asked me bringing me back from my thoughts.

Without a doubt I said,
“I love him so much. ”

Again she asked,  “Will you leave him again? ”

“Never if I get a chance to be with him. Leaving him was my biggest mistake of my life. ” I said realising my mistake.

“Do you think he will forgive you? ” She asked taking sip of her coffee.

I don't think so”

“Don't worry I am sure he will forgive you because he loves you. He never stop loving you and I am sure he will get back with you together. And as for me, I will now focus on my career and will leave for New York. ” She said smiling at me.

I don't know how to thank this women. She stopped focusing on her career to help his friend and now she is stepping back for marriage so that he can be with me. She was like a magical fairy in any fairy tail story.

I immediately hugged her and kept thanking her.

She grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the booth.
“Let's go to your man! ” She said bringing a smile to my face and we left to South side trailer park.

Jughead POV

I don't know what to do now? It's so much difficult now to do this marriage. It was easy for me when she was not here but now... Now she is here and truly sorry for her mistake. Should I forgive her? No.. No... What will happen to Maria then. She will be left alone because of me. Ugh!! What should I do?? ” I was thinking about these thoughts when there was a knock on my door.

I opened my door and saw my ex and my fiancee together.

“Move Jughead” Maria stepped inside bringing Betty with her.

“Maria!! What the hell is going on?” I asked her without any eye contact with Betty.

“I am not marrying you. ” She said crossing her arms.

“What? ” I was shocked at that moment.

“Yes Jughead. You know it's for the best for both of us. Betty here is truly sorry and I know you love her so how I can get in between both of you. ” She said.

I was silent for few moments still thinking it's a dream or real life. Then after some time I spoke,

“What about you? ”

“Oh don't worry about me. Now I can go to New York to focus on my career. ” She said walking towards me.

“Jughead you should forgive her and move ahead in your life. I will call you everyday and make sure to invite me on the wedding. ” She said.

She hugged me and kissed me on the cheek. She turned back to Betty and hugged her, whispered something in her ear which brought a smile on her face and then she left the trailer.

I pulled my beanie from my head and placed it on tea table. I sat on the couch and moved my fingers through my hairs.

Betty was standing there uncomfortably and staring at the walls waiting for me to say something.

“Betts” I said.

Her eyes widen as I called her with the nickname which I used to call her when we were in relationship.

She walked toward me and sat quickly besides me. I looked at her and said,

“What to do now, Betts? ” I leaned back to rest by back on couch.

She turned her head and faced me.

“Jug... I know you probably hate me and don't want me to be here but believe me but I never stopped loving you too and I don't think I will never be. I regret it leaving you my biggest mistake. But now,  I want to start a new life with you. Please Jughead I am sorry. ” She said tearing up.

I just watched her tearing up using her selves to wip her face.

She looked at me after some time and said,

“Jug Say Something!! ”

I looked straight in her eyes and after few seconds I grabbed her face and pulled towards mine.

It took her seconds to realize what I was doing, then she also leaned towards me. I kissed her soft pink lips and placed one hand on her neck and other on her waist and pulled her more close to me.

She lifted her one leg and sat on my laps and kissed me again. It was like meeting of two souls. Our kiss was full of love and passion. Neither one of us wanted to let go. But I had to ask her something important.

I pulled away and rested my forehead on hers.

“Marry me!! ” I said out of breath.

She looked at me with wide eyes and big smile on her face.

“Omg... Yes.. Yes I will marry you” She said hugging me hard and peaking on my lips.

I grabbed a box from my pocket of my jacket and opened it. It was a diamond ring. She looked at the ring and then me. I pulled the ring out of the box and placed it in her finger.

I  again had tears in her eyes but now they were happy tears.

“I love you” I said kissing her.

“I love you more” she said.