"I don't think so"

-Emotional Bughead-

An emotional Bughead Short story where Betty returns to Riverdale after 2 years and tries to patch up with Jughead.

Jughead P.O.V

It's been 2 years. 2 years since the love of my life left me. 2 years since my whole life have been devasted. But I genuinely thank Maria ( my fiancee ) who brought me from the dark and showed me the light.

She knows that Today also I am madly in love with the girl that left me and she doesn't say anything against about it. She supports me and that's what I love about her. I know I won't be able to provide her the love affection but she doesn't care about it, all she cares about me.

....

I was writing on my laptop about some article when there was a knock on the door. I thought it could be my Dad or Maria or the Serpents. I opened the door and there she was standing in her perfect ponytail and her iconic pink sweater, Betty. I was totally shocked. I didn't know what to do next. Everything seemed stopped. Like the time have stopped for us. I stood in front of her,frozen where as she was standing them awkwardly. That's where an awkward silence started and she cut it off by saying,

“Hi Jug”

Hi.. All you do when you show up to someone when you used to love and come to them after a long time and say Hi.

Now I was furious. I closed the door right on her face and sat down to the couch and started crying. The love of my life was back in town.

Betty P.O.V

It's been 2 years since I left my hometown, Riverdale. I left everything here my friends, family and most of all Jug. I broke him and regret it all the time. I didn't had enough courage to come back to him but when I heard he is getting married and have a fiancee , I couldn't take it anymore and returned. I know he will never let me in again but I am willing to try.

I made my way to South Side to his trailer. I knocked on his door. Little terrified from inside. And then he opened the door and looked at me. He was shocked to see me and I was studying him that he haven't changed a bit. There was a awkward silence between us. I cut it off by greeting him, “Hi Jug”

I called him by his nickname which I think made him furious and he closed the door on my face. I started crying thinking that he will never ever allow me again in his life. But I still wanted to try again. So I texted him.

Betty - Hey Jughead. Please can we talk. Please??

Jughead - What you want now Betty?

Betty - Please Jughead. I want to talk about us. Please one last time.

Jughead - Okay. Tomorrow at pops on 3 pm. Don't be late.

Betty - Thanks Jughead. That's mean a lot.

Finally He agreed to meet me. I am so excited for it. Let's hope it will went well.