ch. 60

-

ding —
ding —
ding —

multiple messages went off on alaya's phone, one after the other. all from different numbers. some she had saved others she didn't.

majority of them came from zion, very odd messages that didn't make any sense to her. alaya rolled over on her back placing her phone over her head, scrolling through all of the messages she had, trying to get through them all.

her eyes went wide when she read the first message.
brandon- "he knows"
she knew it was coming, at some point he had to find out she thought. but it made a pit in her heart. a different feeling, like she was scared almost.

other messages read,
"alaya we need to talk"
"i need you to come home now"
"where tf are you" etc. all from zion. letting her know that he knows about brandon, sooner or later she had to go back home so why not now and face the truth that her life is in fact a mess.

alaya packed up all of her things and checked out of the dinky motel she was staying at, it took her awhile to get back home because of the wonderful traffic california has.

-

walking back into her home felt relaxing, smelling the vanilla scent she had plugged into the wall and everything remained the same as when she left. she walked up the stairs forgetting about zion and what he had just found out, she was just glad to be home.

walking straight passed the tall figured man standing in between the door way of the bathroom, she threw her suitcase down on the bed.

sighing as she took off her jacket.

zion huffed loudly to get her attention.

she really doesn't pay attention to me

alaya slowly turned around afraid of what was about to become. she jolted back a little bit, scared at how close zion was.

"hey?" she said more like a question than a statement. zions firm look didn't really scare her, she was just embracing the quietness she had right now.

"where were you?" he asked, still with the same stone cold look. "a trip." she said making eye contact with him as she walked past him to head for the stairs, zion was right on her heals, "where are you going".

alaya's head felt like it was going to explode, she never knew that 2 questions could feel like she was getting questioned by the police. "downstairs to eat, i'm hungry" she said sharp, but quite nicely compared to how she was feeling.

she was afraid to bring up the issue, now this is something bigger than she thought it was going to be. being with brandon made her totally forget that he was zions closet friend, she knew how bad this would affect them. this was bigger than him and maya in a way, and she knew it but still wasn't ready to accept it.

"sit down at the table with me" zion said, after each passing second he got more angry at how nonchalant she was. the back and fourth thoughts in his mind were clouding up everything. 

he's my bestfriend, my best friend shouldn't be able to know the way my girlfriends body feels.

did i deserve this ?

alaya fixed her two chocolate chip ego waffles with lots of butter and syrup, just like how her mom made them, but hers were homemade.

reality kicked in for her as she turned around to head to the table. she sat across from him, pulling out the chair and sitting down to scoot in and eat her food. she didn't say anything, she just waited for him to speak first.

a couple minutes of silence passed, zion of course was the first one to speak. "how is brandon ?"
she paused, a piece of waffle caught in her throat. she didn't realize he was going to be so blunt.

"i'm not sure zion" she replied firmly.

"your not sure? stop the bullshit" he said with a disgusted face, crossing his arms into himself. showing alaya that he was definitely uncomfortable.

"i haven't spoken to him in a couple days" she said brushing it off, zion scoffed "how can you be so, okay?" he asked, sincerely confused as to how she can act normal.

that's when her heart started to pick up, everything that she's done just now set in for her. i ruined everything, i ruined me and zion's relationship, me and brandon's, and most importantly him and zion's  friendship.

i ruined it, i made them turn against each other.
her eyes sunk down, and her breathing started to pick up, she worriedly looked up at zion putting her hand over her chest. scared as to what was happening to her.

zion started to look worried too, "i'm sorry, i'm so sorry. i didn't realize what i was doing, i didn't mean to hurt you or brandon" she barley made out, breathing heavily in between each word.

at first he didn't know what she was talking about, but then he realized, was she actually sorry ?

" i didn't know zion i didn't know" zion sat there in the same position, thinking that alaya was just trying to get out of this conversation by playing the victim.

she started to feel her heartbeart in her head and in her ears, then everything simply went quiet. her vision blurred.

before zion's eyes she fell over without making any noise, his eyes bulged and he quickly got up out of his seat, over to her.

she still wasn't moving, oh my god did i do this? is she dead? oh god please don't die. he thought, his emotions were everywhere he was angry but still crying from being so frightened.

he picked her up stumbling over a little bit, trying to catch his balance. i need to get to the hospital.

-

HAPPY PART 100, we made it after some long three years !! i haven't posted since last year, & i'm so sorry. i basically left you guys hanging.

i hope everyone is doing okay, and staying safe during these times 🦋💜