ch. 47

Zion's p.o.v
__

The words that came from Alaya was the worst things I have heard from anyone. Looking at her face getting darkened by the second, I didn't have anything to say for once. Is this how she felt, is this how I made her feel, im sorry Alayais what I thought over and over again, until another remark was thrown again.

"I'm done" She spat with as much as hate as she can possibly have in two words. I tried my hardest to not retaliate against her, because it's something she doesn't need on her. No, we can't be done.

I tried to speak but every word I was thinking of spilling out got caught in my throat. I saw flashes of black, then red, and then blurriness. My head fell between my hands, tears spilled out from my eyes that i've been keeping in for a very long time.

She didn't care, she didn't care I was crying. Did I do this to her? I questioned myself with disgust in me. I hear yelling and Colson's voice, but my own voices filled my head. I looked up, Alaya saw the tears running down my face, but did nothing, I didn't expect her too. Does she get drunk like this all the time?

"I'll be fine when your gone. Now leave!" She yelled. I could've died from how hard my chest was hurting. I felt tightness around my lungs, breathing in and out heavily. "Is that what you really want?" I semi-yelled. "YES!" She yelled once again.

Colson walked over to me and grabbed my whole body up, feeling numb I could barely walk. Colson picked up my shoes, walking me out of her apartment barefoot with only my socks left on my feet.

"Zion." Colson snapped at me. I turned my focus on him. "Your seatbelt, put it on" He orders. Only because the beeping was driving him crazy already. I reached the side and brought it over me to click it in.

Sighing, Colson pulled off. "That goes as much as talking to her" He mutters. I heard the little things he whispered on the way to my house, but I never felt to comment on them.

As we pulled into the driveway of my house, Colson said Goodnight. The most overrated word is Goodnight or Goodmorning. This night is nothing good. It's a nightmare, a headache, and this goodnight left a poisonous feeling in my stomach.

Losing my first love. Losing. I've lost her. What will I do without her. I am not able to go on. I miss her already. People think it's dumb to say you never notice what you had until it's gone, but it's true, very true. The sparkle she had in her eyes, the glisten of teeth that showed every time I made her smile, the small giggle, the playful hits, the way she flipped her hair, was everything. I never realized any of this until this moment. This moment I don't want to walk this earth knowing she hates me and I hate myself for letting her go like this.

"Zion!" Colson yelled pushing my shoulder. "I know you had a rough night but get a grip on yourself for one second" He said, smacking the steering wheel.

I unbuckled the seatbelt and opened the door to Colson's car. Bye he said. I shut the door softly with no power in my arms to slam it and walked carefully up the steps. I walked into my home to find the boys drunkenly passed out, moving quietly up the stairs to my bedroom. I shut the door and laid myself on the back of the door, crying softly. What am I doing?

-

A few days passed by, the nights came and went. Alaya was able to remember a small fraction of what happened, she never drinks so her tolerance was very low. The next morning of the night when she went off on Zion, was a lot of throwing up and pain meds. Now, she is walking swiftly down the street on her way to get coffee and grab the plane ticket of hers from her manager. Alaya didn't have the slightest bit of remorse for the things she could remember, walking up the two-steps to the coffee shop. Alaya grabbed onto the handle and pulled the door open, immediately smelling coffee beans and the sounds of grinders fill the air.

She stood in the back of someone, on her phone as she waited to order. "Ma'am?" The lady behind the register called, her eyes moved quickly to the person standing in front of her and moved forward a step.
"Sorry" she said with a small smile.

"What would you like today?" asked the brunette.
"A small iced americano please, the name is Alaya" placing a $10 bill on the counter. "Oh, and can I please have a chocolate croissant?"

"no problem, it's $5.3– nevermind" the barista said with a giggle, noticing the bill laying in front of her.
Alaya smiled and waited for her to hand back her change.

"Have a good day"
Alaya replied with a small nod. Sitting down at the nearest open table, she once again pulled out her phone and waited for her order to be called. She took off her small jacket and laid it down next to her, getting relaxed in the quiet atmosphere.

No thoughts or worries filled her mind for a short moment.

"Alaya!" a different barista shouted, setting the cup and small bag down on the counter, walking away.

She moved up off of her seat and grabbed the items she ordered, placing them down before she sat. She plopped in the seat and pulled out the warm croissant. The chime of the small cafe rang, but she didn't pay attention to it, as she thought it was another person doing the same as her.

Taking a bite of the soft flaky piece of food, she set it back down and went back on her phone, responding to any recent messages she missed. A plop came right in front of where she sat, looking up at the person who rudely decided to interrupt her. She saw the familiar face and grabbed her jacket getting ready to leave, as she was about to pick up her drink, a hand went on top of hers.

"wait, please" The boy said with a soft look. She threw her jacket back on the seat and shifted uncomfortably.

Alaya looked up at him with a hurry up expression.
"You need to see him" He said, getting straight to the point.

Alaya seemed to already know the 'him' he is talking about. "No. Is that all?" getting ready to leave again.

"Alaya, please. He's not okay. Like at all."
She took a deep breathe before she got angry for this sudden demand.

"Colson. It's not my fault, he put his own self in that position-" She was cut off before she was able to keep going. A slam on the table came from his hand.

"Stop this!" He shouted, gaining the attention from everyone in the cafe. He noticed what he did and took his hand back to his lap.

"Look, I know what he— we did. I get it, but please Alaya, you can hate me and i'll never talk to again after this but you need to see him. He's not good, he won't move, he won't eat, just please. he begged, looking into his lap.

A long sigh came from Alaya, "I will when I get back"
Colson looked up at her confused. "What do you mean get back?" he slowly asked with an afraid look.

"Dubai" She said. "No, no he doesn't have until you get back. Now Alaya, you need to see him now."

The more he pleaded with her and demanded these things, the angrier she got. "Colson, I'll text him, is that what you want? I'll text him now in front of you, and i'll see him in person when I get back." pushing her hands up, pointing to her phone.

Colson pushed his head back against the seat. "If it works" he mumbled, grabbing his face with his hands.

Alaya got up, this time successfully walked away. Is it that bad? she asked herself. Alaya does not have anytime for road blocks right before she leaves.

The chime of the cafe rings again as she pushes open the door, leaving the terrified Colson at the table alone.