ch. 58

DAYS WENT BY , maybe even weeks. she couldn't remember barely any of it. dark circles formed under her eyes but now more prominently. everything was blurry all day— everyday.

everytime she walked in the front door of her house, she was greeted by zion. the man she once loved or still loves , she couldn't understand the difference.

his mouth moved fast but she couldn't hear a single word but ringing in her ears. his arms flew up moving around trying to get her attention.

they live in the same house but split into 2 different floors, 2 different mindsets. one was aware and ready to give it all up but couldn't. the other was care free, no worries no problems.

alaya's phone buzzed as she sat on the couch staring at the blacked out TV. it buzzed once more making the vibration go through the leather couch.

zion sat across from her watching the phone, and how she didn't pay attention to it one bit. "are you gonna get it ?" he asked.

she stared into space and shook her head no. "well i will get" he declared, pushing himself up with one hand. she quickly snatched her phone away and put it into her lap. she knew who was blowing her phone up. but too afraid to look at it or let zion see it.

she stared straight into his eyes, deeply examining the way his face turned into a very confused look after she did that. he wondered why she was now so protective over her phone.

his stomach churned slightly, things he's done in the past because of one reason. cheating. "why did you do that?" he questioned. sitting on the same couch as her.

"no reason, it's probably my manager. i just don't want to know that she's going off on me" she said, shrugging her shoulders. another lie. his mouth turned into an "o", making himself feel stupid for almost assuming something major.

"i need to go to the store" she said, removing herself from the seat. "for what?" he asked. "why all these questions?" she asked back, a little too quickly.

he sat up walking past her ignoring everything. zion sat at the kitchen table, the palms of his hands rubbed over his eyes, taking a deep sigh. why did it have to be like this ? he thought.

the door slammed shut. no words goodbye. no nothing. zion groaned loudly, slamming his fist on the table standing up as he does so.

alaya got in the car starting it up with no hesitation. her fingers pinched the bridge of her nose and her head was pounding. deep loud sounds boomed in her brain.

she pushed her head back against the rest behind her, letting the sound of the car go for a while. after the beeping started, telling her to put on her seatbelt she drove off.

her eyes were wide, open and aware of everything. the sunshine was just barely peeking out of the trees, flashing between every one.

she pulled into an empty parking lot, maybe a few cars were scattered around with pedestrians. grabbing her purse from the passenger side she swung the door open.

wind hit her whole body, making her wraps her hands around her arms. shuttering a bit, she stepped into a playground.

to the left there was 3 slides, to the right was a swing set with 2 swings, one was occupied. the figure had their back facing alaya, she slowly walked up. trying to be as quiet as possible with her footsteps.

she tapped the shoulder of the person that kicked their legs forwards and back. he quickly turned around, frightened for a moment. "oh" he said grabbing onto his chest, forming a smile that made his eyes squint underneath his glasses.

brandon noticed her plain face, instantly turning his smile down, he put his hand out to wrap around her arm in comfort. she just stared down at him, with a non—readable facial expression.

"what happened? are you okay ?". the fact was alaya wasn't okay, nothing in particular happened but she wasn't okay with how she was living her life. this past month has been the hardest, the hardest to try and get out of bed. or to find the motivation to do things.

but something sparked in her when she started hanging out with brandon. the constant desire to be around him hung over her head and burdened her. she felt terrible she had turned a "no strings attached" relationship into something special.

the fear of hurting zion, making him view her not as an equal but as an enemy. it was hard to pull away from brandon, to tell him 'no let's stop this', but at some point she had too. he comforted her in a way she couldn't explain, he made her want to explore things in life and to keep going.

to say no to the hard alcohol she took every night. but it wasn't like zion wasn't helping her, he tried his best but for her, it just wasn't working anymore. the fireworks she once felt with him everytime he looked or touched her, died down and never lit back up.

now as they sit, swinging back and fourth on the swing, nothing but the squeakyness of the bars were heard. "it's nothing, it's just hard i don't feel good" she shared, holding her hands around her face.

"did something happen i—".

" no nothing happened" she snapped. making brandon turn his face toward in defeat. she sighed "i'm sorry i don't want to be mean, it's just. exhausting". brandon got up from the swing letting it go back and fourth before it slowed down.

he walked behind alaya and swung his arms around her neck. his head dug deep into her the crook of her neck, whispering. "it's gonna be okay" he rocked the swing back and fourth before removing himself off of her and pushing her forward as hard as he could. 

"brandon stop" she said, hopping off of the swing. "you really don't feel that good?" he questioned, laughing a bit. she braced herself for whatever was about to happen next.

"this needs to stop" she said blatantly. his movement stopped, grabbing ahold of the swing to make it stop the noise it was making. "what" he said softly. "me and you, this whole thing it needs to end" she explained, pointing her finger back and fourth from him to her.

"why? i don't understand. did i do something?"

alaya wiped off her pants and took in a deep breath, "brandon i love you, i really do. you've helped me so much but it's hard for me to deal with this right now. and i can't do this to zion."

"no. no, this isnt happening" he said, pushing his hair back bringing his face up with it. alaya looked confused. "what do you mean?"

"you can't alaya, please don't." he said, walking over to the bench not too far from where they stood. "are you good?" she asked, following behind him.

"no i'm not. not anymore. just please, i need you in my life, i can't lose you again. just please." he pleaded. "i-i. you've helped me open up and be more of the person i want to be, i love you alaya don't you understand? zion doesn't love you, i do. i need you to realize that. you don't have to leave him but atleast try and be with me" his face was red and his eyes became glossy.

his lip quivered, making alaya feel terrible for everything she's done. to zion and to him. she was also astonished, alaya knew he wasn't gonna take it good but she didn't know he was going to take it like that. she studied his jittery movements and anyone can tell that he felt strongly about her.

"it's not that easy" bringing her head up to look at the light stars that appeared.

| A U T H O R S N O T E |
omg. 1k away from 100k. SOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITEDDDD.