ch. 56

THE DOWN SPARE OF HER LIFE. alaya watched as her life spiraled out of her hands. the same small glass filled with a strong liquid would meet her lips and gaze slowly but surely down her throat.

everytime it was the same vodka or whiskey that made her face purse up, or how it tingled down her spine. every night the same process, the slam of the glass, and the constant pulling of the bartender, telling him or her "more" of whatever she was drinking.

or the exasperated flirting she did every night to get either free drinks or just to have fun. and of course the long paragraphs zion wrote on a daily basis, like a routine. telling her to stop, or to come home.

zion told her the roles flipped, she was him and he was her, only he was at her place waiting for her to stumble through the door, smelling strongly of alcohol and bar food.

she loved partying even though that was what got her in trouble in the first place. he hated the fact that every night she was probably dancing on another guy, only because alaya would come home to him right after.

the past few weeks were inclining between the relationship of zion and alaya, so you can call them a couple. he made himself at home, they kissed and they did what they did of course because of the amount of love they had for each other was irresistible.

but recently things fell down hill. from what started as 'just having fun' turned into a problem real fast. zion ran his hands over his face, deeply breathing in. struggling with his thoughts on what he was going to do next.

his eyes fixed over to the clock that sat on the nightstand, "12:46" it read. his head shook back and fourth, anger isn't what could explain what he felt. it was more disappointment, he was ready to settle everything down and be with her.

but she wasn't the least bit ready, her problem escalated and she would lash out everytime zion tried to speak to her. it's the always the same "leave me alone" or the "you weren't there before so why are you here now ".

that stayed in his mind, dragging along with him everytime he would wake up and turn over to see her gone because she never came home the night before.

the fear of her being dead on the street was an understatement. everyday zion would scroll through twitter or instagram and see another celebrity get shot or just some random sick killing.

everyday the constant noose hung around his heart , everytime alaya wouldn't walk through the door that night. or if she didn't pick up her phone in 5 seconds the beating in his chest sped up and beads of sweat would form on his face.

the redness from all the anxiousness would stick to his cheeks. on the other hand she felt like love was invasive, she felt like zion was a burden.

always there when she got back, jumping down her throat to make sure she's okay. she would tell herself "he's just helping" but the more he just 'helped', the more annoyed she got.

ignoring him, sleeping on the couch. she would act like she couldn't hear zion walk quietly down the stairs to make breakfast.

zion kept his head low when ever alaya would decide that she would finally let him take care of her. making sure not to make eye contact while he slid the plastic container filled with ibuprofen over to her side of the counter.

he would turn around focusing on something else, and would slightly make a quick glance at alaya's face. noticing how everyday it would shrink and more bags would pop up from her binge outings.

the boys all told zion to come home, and that "if alaya wanted to ruin her life, she needs to figure it out on her own". but he couldn't watch that happen.

everything slipped through his fingers just like grabbing a handful of sand at the beach that would never stay. but no, "not again" he repeated everytime he was ready to walk out of the door.

she needed him as much as he needed her. he caught himself calling his own being, 'selfish' because the quick 10 second thoughts would interrupt his mind thinking that he isn't staying in her presence for her. he's staying for his own good.

this one night particularly, alaya was sitting at a cushioned table surrounded by other known models and artists. strippers came around with drinks putting more and more down in front of her, that would just disappear in seconds.

a boy with glasses caught her eye in the corner. she couldn't see anything clearly, everything was blurry and spinning around in circles. he moved his hair back in one slick motion, wearing a classy shirt buttoned opened a few buttons. pants that flooded a bit but in a good way.

an aesthetic look alaya was used too. she felt attracted to him but in a different way. occasionally ignoring the conversation that the 2 others were having over her body. she sipped on the strawberry daiquiri, making her eyes transition to the boy holding a small glass full of what looked like a whiskey.

his hair wasn't cleaned up, but it was wild in a sexy way. for not seeing well, she thought he was very good looking. she liked the way one hand was tucked in his pocket, and with the other hand holding the glass, he would point his index finger out making him show interest in the conversation he was having with the other tall male.

every once in awhile he would look towards alaya, in a odd look she's seen before. his eyes were squinted, focusing on her more and more, his body moved fast over to her.

her body tensed up at the feeling of his eyes. she sat the finished glass back down on the luxurious table. crossing her legs over one another. looking too prestigious to be in this kind of setting.

small talk went on between her and the other girls, one girl had her hair slicked back into a low ponytail. her eyes were bright as she talked about her work as a editor for a magazine.

to tell the truth alaya didn't give a single fuck about this girl. the only thing that crowded her mind was that boy, and the small thought of what zion would think of her when she did decide to go home.

smoothing her dress out, she stood up stumbling into another person. "woah, are you okay" the man said, holding a grip onto her forearm.

she picked herself up, her head hung low not showing her face. but it wasn't until she looked up until she turned her head to the side. "brandon?" she asked.

her stomach did a 360, brandon was the boy. "when did he start to look so good?" she drunkenly asked herself. alaya's eyes fluttered while brandon held onto her, forming a big smile.

it's been forever since she saw brandon, most of the things she could remember about him was that he was basically in love with her.

he was the sweetest out of all of them, the most caring. the most kind hearted. "i missed you" he said, pulling her a strand of her hair back. his sweet smile persuaded her to do all the things she didn't want to do with brandon since the beginning.

both of them stood against the railing in the v.i.p section, making small glances back at each other as brandon and alaya finished their drinks. little conversation did the two have before alaya had a pain in her heart. 'no i shouldn't do this' she said in her mind, looking down into the drink that she swirled around with her straw. zion would never forgive her if she went through with what she was thinking.

alaya was too drunk to realize that they had already started walking out of the club. his hand tightly wrapped around her waist, controlling where she was going. the sting of the scent of a cheap bourbon and vanilla filled her nose as he stood close to her. the two stumbled their way out of the long hall of security— to who knows where.