ch. 49

today was the day alaya was leaving, her stomach flipped and turned before she was even able to walk out of the house. fear that she was going to fail and disappoint everyone that was watching her.

she dragged the big suitcase out of the door, and shut it softly with a click. moving down the steps more obsessive thoughts overtook her mind.

is zion okay ?

will i be okay?

the taxi was waiting patiently in her driveway. the smaller sized man opened the car door and popped the truck open. "i'll take that" he offered, with a small smile. alaya nodded and sat into the backseat.

"airport?" he simply asked. "yes". the man pulled out of the driveway and turned up the radio a tad. alaya looked out of the window for half of the ride. her eyes got heavier and heavier the more time passed by, her head leaned against the back of the seat and she fell asleep.

the man turned around and pushed alaya's knee softly, her head jolted up as she rubbed her squinting eyes. "miss, we're here." he said, turning back around facing forward.

alaya nodded politely, she waited for the man to pull her bags out of the trunk of the taxi. "have a safe trip" flashing his bright white teeth. she smiled back as she took her suitcase by the handle walking into the airport.

a stop at starbucks for a coffee was all that she needed, knowing she had to be up and ready by the time she lands in new york.

after she got her coffee and went through security, she walked to terminal 3, gate 5. (i honestly been on a plane like 3 times and i don't even know how any of that stuff works, so sorry if i'm wrong. lmao) she sat down by the gate where everyone was getting their bags tagged.

the sounds of many people chatting and bags rolling was blocked out by the sound of loud music playing through her airpods.

she was snapped up by the voice of the woman on the intercom, "flight 103, will be boarding now." she pulled her charger out of the port and rolled her bags to the the line.

on the plane her bag was taken and she found her seat in the back, no one but a old man and a lady sat by her. she stared out the window, watching all the workers haul bags around the take off area.

"look who it is." she heard a voice that made her move her head to the seat next to her. her eyes widen and arms immediately went up, as she gave nahmir a big hug. "i forgot to tell you, i'm sorry" she said pulling away.

"see this is why i call you dipshit. your manager happened to spill the 'surprise' to me" he rolled his eyes. "thank god" he muttered. she tilted her head to the side, confused as to where the old man was. "he got his seat moved" he whispered into her ear.

if it wasn't for krista, nahmir wouldn't be right now. with everything that has been on her mind, she completely forgot to tell nahmir she got him plane tickets with her.

"how have things been?" he asked, while playing with the table attached to the seat in front. "how about we have a different conversation starter?" she retorted. nahmir scoffed, "as to why?" raising his attention to the kids running back and fourth in the aisle.

"i don't know, like what's the weather like today?" she giggled, being cut off by the flight attendant instructing everyone on how to use the safety tools, if needed. "peachy" nahmir shrugged.

"dubai is going to be so much better now that your coming." she showed a bright smile, examining her long stiletto nails. "shiiitt, you already know" dusting each shoulder off, with a smirk.

"go to bed" rolling her eyes, she turned to the window. the plane was slowly taking off and the pilot was preparing and talking to everyone on the plane.

• • •

new york, new york - JFK AIRPORT
7:43 p.m
-

"what time is our next flight?" nahmir asked, sipping on his smoothie, rolling his huge suitcase around. "10:30" she said, lifting her wrist to fix her watch.

"let's go see new york" he said, with pleading eyes. locking his hands together, pushing out his bottom lip. "please" batting his eyelashes. she laughed, rolling her eyes more, "i'm tired."

nahmir's hands went up and slammed back to his sides with his jaw dropped down. "you slept the whole plane ride, how are you tired?"

"jet lag" she said, shrugging her shoulders. he let out a loud groan, throwing his head back in frustration. neither one of them said anything to each other while they walked around.

"what are we going to do about our bags?" she asked him. his head turned fast in excitement, "so that means we can?" he excitedly asked, with wide eyes.

alaya let out a deep sigh, "yes mir" chuckling. "we can always hold them— oh look baggage holding" he said pointing to a blue sign. "you think our stuff will be safe?" she said hesitantly, stopping.

nahmir grabbed her arm, "yes alaya, come on"

| A U T H O R S N O T E |
BOGUS CHAPTER I KNOW— AND I DIDNT EVEN STICK TO THE SCHEDULE. SORRYYY
SORT OF POINTLESS 🥺