ch. 50

skip to the day of the actual runway show.

DUBAI
alaya woke up with nerves running through out her whole body. today was the day she walked the runway amongst much older, talented models.

she was always a confident person, until this day. she's walking with people who've been in the game for years, so of course she had a hint of doubt in her mind.

she laid in the hotel room bed for a few more minutes, then a loud knock came to the door. "housekeeping" a squeaky voice said.

alaya rolled her eyes, throwing the blankets over her body, walking to the door. more knocks came as she opened the door. a wide awake nahmir stood at the door ready to knock more with his fist balled up in the air.

"oop, get up alaya. today's the big day" he squealed, hopping around the room. walking back to the bed, she threw her head back, groaning. "noooo." she dragged.

"come on dude, you have alexander wang personally asking for you to walk the runway of one of his shows, in his clothes." basically he's fangirling.

a pillow went flying into nahmir's face, he quickly grabbed the pillow and stood over alaya. "i was just playing, please don't" she said practically begging.

"give me a good reason why i shouldn't smack the dog shit out of you right now?" he asked, with wide eyes. "you love me?" it sounded more like a question then it did a statement.

"ehhhhhh, nope." he said making a noise, smacking alaya's head, and she flew back hitting her head against the headboard.

"owwww" she whined, holding her head in pain, nahmir stuck out his tongue. knowing she exaggerates everything.

"get in the bathroom and put on the outfit you've been planning for like EVER" nahmir said, pulling her up, and pushing her into the bathroom.

she heard nahmir shut the door and walked over to the shower, turning it on. she took a deep breath before removing her pajamas and walking into the warm steamy shower.

she closed her eyes as she let the hot water run down her hair and trickle down her back. a swarm of butterflies filled her stomach as she replayed scenarios in her head.

more like her falling or stumbling, or her getting booed of the stage, but her favorite one is her clothes splitting because she decided to make up her own cheat day and have a cheeseburger from in-n-out.

alaya finished showering and asked nahmir to hand her, her clothes. "thank you" she said shutting the door.

after she finished getting dressed and fixing up her hair, she walked out letting nahmir know she was ready to leave.

"we have to stop at starbucks" she declared, not letting nahmir intervene. "well okay then" he mumbled. walking down out of the door of the lobby, they walked to across the street which was the closet starbucks.

alaya ordered what she wanted and walked back out of the starbucks. "where to next, princess alaya"
she glares and him and gives me a hard smack on his shoulder. "the company to talk to wang" she informs him smoothly.

nahmir starts to freak out, "wang as in alexander wang. like wang wang." his hands pull back his dreadlocs, dancing around in excitement. she captures this on her snapchat and posts it with the caption. 'SOMEONE IS EXCITED. SEE YALL ON THE RUNWAY— @ONLYNAHMIR'

she was laughing hysterically as strangers walked past the both of them, glaring in their direction. "okay calm down, people are staring" she quietly said, pushing nahmir slightly.

"i don't care this is alexander wang we are talking about." he said whispering. "why are we whispering?" he asked, alaya shrugged and kept walking.

pushing the doors open to the humongous building, she went to the front desk. "hi, i'm here to see wang at 11:00" she told the receptionist. she smiled back at her as she took her glasses off of her head and placed them back onto the bridge of her nose. "ah yes, he's waiting for you, you may go up." she instructed.

alaya motioned to nahmir to tell him to 'come on' as she walked to the elevator pushing the button.

• • •

different makeup artists patted her face and blended her eyeshadow, while another man curled her hair. the overwhelming feeling took over her while all these different people swarmed her.

nahmir took his seat in the front seated next to different celebrities and designers like offset and such. while alaya stood up waiting in the line she tapped her feet against the floor.

breathing deeply in and out, "you'll do great, you look stunning" a very tall thin lady said to her, with a warming smile. alaya nodded her head in return.

music played throughout the whole building as the lady who reassured her walked out onto the stage, with full glam.

now was alaya's turn to show everyone what she was made of. yes, she was scared to death but she had this in the bag. "i would like to welcome a dear new friend of mine, that is the youngest model on this runway today. alaya beaumont." wang introduced her to the crowd.

bright lights flashed onto her face, alaya memorized the walk and face she was supposed to make, having it nailed down to perfection. paparazzi flashed their camera lights to her way, and more people clapped.

she quickly looked at the smiling nahmir, who was clapping outrageously loud. she stopped at the end and posed looking straight forward, turning back around she met the end, as she turned around to face the crowd one last time.

| A U T H O R S N O T E | THANKS FOR 70k !!!!!!! ❤️very boring, i apologize

THANKS FOR 70k !!!!!!! ❤️
very boring, i apologize. but yea. 🥺

 🥺