Log. 41: Rouse

Depuis le début

"Here, drink just a little," Soyeon said as she handed me a glass of water. She reached to my back, patting the pillows there to help support me up. "There. Comfortable?"

Mouthing a quick — 'Thanks,' — I took the drink, feeling all my senses coming to wake right after. My mind was going on a mile a second as I tried to recall what had happened to me and why I was feeling so drained. Looking over to the window, I realised that at least a day had passed. But there was nothing I could remember happening in between.

"What happened? I don't remember—" I was cut off when a cough forced itself through my throat, forcing me to clear my airway before I could speak again. "The last thing I remembered was my, um—Jungkook was here."

Soyeon's eyes lit up briefly before it faded. "Your husband?" she asked me as she took away the glass of water from my hand and set it aside.

"My ex," I answered her, feeling bitter about talking to him that I had unintentionally sounded harsh.

She gave me an understanding smile as she nodded. "I met him just as he left," she calmly said to me without any judgemental look appearing on her face. If there was one thing that I adored most about the beautiful nurse standing beside me, was that she was never as nosy as the other nurses who I have met since I had gotten admitted into this hospital. While others loved to gossip around during their breaks, asking personal things from the patients to talk about behind their backs, she was never that person. At least, not that I knew of. She always had this calm, understanding look in her eyes whenever she noticed that I needed someone to confide in or to talk to. The same way she was doing it now.

"Was he—I can't really remember what happened," I muttered softly. My voice trailed off when his face came into my mind.

She paused as she was pulling my blanket up over me, making sure I was warm enough to relax. "Well, what do you remember?"

Looking away, I thought about our previous encounter. "I remember seeing him. We had a—an argument. He found out about my condition after he secretly followed my brother here. He got angry when he found out that I have been hiding this from him, then he got even angrier when I refused to go back to him. I—we fought, and he insisted that he wouldn't let me go. Then—nothing," I said, looking back at her. "I know we yelled at each other and then I started crying. I felt like my body started burning up right after and everything was a blur from there."

Soyeon took a moment before she finally answered for me.

"I guess that explains the stress," she carefully said, causing me to raise my eyebrows, silently asking her for an explanation. Which she gladly gave me soon after. "I think the stress of seeing him and having your emotions riling up had taken a toll on your body," she started, before finally continuing, "_____, you had a seizure when he was here. I was called to your room when everyone heard him shouting, asking for help—"

And then it came back to me. Blurry images of him calling my name, of him trying to hold me while I kept pushing him away, while I was thrashing on the bed and crying, unable to breathe.

"—you started to have trouble breathing and I came rushing in with the doctor. He was pushed aside and was asked to leave when he tried to attack the doctor who was handling you."

I shook my head. "I can't believe it—" I muttered with a sigh. "And then what happened?"

"We had to give you some medications to remedy the pain and we gave you something to help you sleep. The doctors were worried that your condition might turn to the worse if you had passed out right in the middle of the seizure and we have been keeping you under close observation since," she explained to me.