[49]▫️I'LL FIND YOU▫️thomas

You are Thomas's older sister in this one!

▫️▫️

Imagine...

Being Thomas' older sibling and having to watch him be taken away by WCKD...

▫️▫️

Thomas's small hands are like cat claws, clinging to the back of your shirt. You can hear his quick little intakes of breath as he tries not to cry. One of your arms cradles him against you as the other arm glides up and down his back in an attempt to soothe him.

Once you've pushed past the final row of people at the front of the crowd, you set him down on his feet. You fall to your knees in front of him. You glance around him and see the WCKD guards slowly approaching. You suck in a breath and focus your attention back on Thomas.

You take his hands in your own eyes level with him as you hold back tears. "Listen... Tommy. You have to go with them. You have to. Or we'll get into trouble. Okay?"

He doesn't take his eyes off of yours for a second. "But why?"

"Because of the virus. You'll be safe from it with these people."

"What about you?"

"I'll be okay." You force a small smile, nodding slightly. You run your hands up and down his arms gently. "I'll be fine."

The guards are closer now when Thomas whispers. "I don't wanna go without you."

You see your brother's bottom lip quiver and pull him closer. "It's just for now. Tommy, what did Mom say before she- before she passed?"

Thomas sniffles. "Take care of each other?"

"Yeah. That's right. And that's exactly what we're going to do, okay?"

"How if I'm gone away from you?"

"I'm going to find a way, and I'll find you. I'll come and get you, and we'll be together again. Alright?"

A tear rolls down Thomas' face. "Promise?"

"Promise." You wipe away his tear, thumb swiping under his eye.

The guards are within reaching distance now.

"Come here." You pull him in for a hug. He clings to you once again as he sobs. "It's okay. I promise, Tommy. I promise."

Suddenly, he is taken from your arms. He cries out over the sounds of dogs barking and other people's wailing.

It all feels as though it happens in slow motion as he reaches out his hand and yells your name. Your lips quiver and your nose flares as you try to contain your own emotions. You give your best reassuring smile for as long as he is still in view.