[48]▫️STILL ALIVE▫️minho

For: Mutifandom_Bookworm

-

Imagine...

After being caught by WiCKeD, you are rescued, and desperate to save Minho too...

"Minho! Y/N!"

As the door closes, you struggle against the guards hold. He's too strong, and the black eye you now have from his punch is giving you a headache, distracting you.

You can still hear your friends shouting as you glance over at Minho. He's passed out. His arms and legs are limp, causing two guards to have to hold him upright. You hope to hell that he is still breathing.

"Let me go!"

The guard tugs your arms hard this time. "You think I'm going to let you go? We're already in the air. Stupid child."

"Just- is he okay? Is he alive?" You jut your head in Minho's direction.

The guard scoffs. "He won't be for long. And neither will you, sweetheart."

-

Months later

"Thomas! Oh, my g- you're here."

Thomas helps you out of the restraints that hold your wrists together. "Yeah, of course. Are you alright?"

You laugh, more so in relief than amusement. "I've had better days."

Thomas nods, then help you stand once your hands are free. You watch his eyes as they travel over your marked wrists. They are bruised and bloody from pulling on them so hard and for so long. "We'll bandage these soon, okay? Is it painful?"

"A little. But... Minho, do you have him too?"

Thomas's eyes widen. "He's not in here?"

Your eyes burn from tiredness, and it's painful to shed even a single tear. "No... I haven't seen him since they took us."

Thomas sighs. "We were hoping the both of you would be in the same container."

"And you only took down one?"

Thomas nods. "Yeah. Shit. I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault. You saved me, and all these innocent kids... but we have to find him, Tommy. We have to."

Thomas gently takes both of your hands and looks you in the eye. "Yes. We will. I promise. Okay?"

"Okay." You nod, then throw your arms around your best friend. "Thank you for coming to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you."

-

Weeks later

Everyone gasps as we freeze in the presence of our missing friend. "Minho!"

Thomas and Newt run forwards, throwing themselves at him. He hugs them back briefly before they run back towards you.

You stay frozen as you watch Minho. You've missed him so much. Every day that you spent being drained of your blood, your only thoughts were of him. You just wanted to see him once more. Perhaps, finally, admit your feelings towards him. As long as he was the last thing you saw in the flesh before your life ended. It's perhaps the only reason you had any will left in you to keep fighting it.

But now he's here, and he's still alive.

Thomas snaps you out of your gaze, grabbing your arm and forcing you to run with them. "Y/N! Come on!"

You hadn't even noticed the five armed guards running through the corridor towards you. "Shit!"

-

Moments later

"Are you sure, Thomas? This doesn't seem like a good idea."

"Do you have another?"

You look at the shattered glass on the floor. You follow the path of it, leading to the -now broken- window.

"Fine." You suck in a breath. "Let's do this."

Before you can move, Minho steps in front of you. "Wait."

You raise your brows. "What? What is it?"

"This stupid plan of his is probably gonna get us killed, so before that can happen, you gotta know something."

You frown as Minho takes one of your hands in his. "Hm?"

"I've wanted to tell you, long before we escaped the Maze even..." Minho leans in close to you. "I love you."

You smile, your cheeks heating up. "Really?"

Minho nods. "Do- do you-"

You nod enthusiastically. "Yeah. I love you. I love you too!"

Thomas ruins the moment when he clears his throat. "Guys... this isn't the time. No matter how sweet. Can we, um-?"

Thuds that cause the whole room to shake snap you both out of your romantic moment. The guards continue and attempt to knock down the door. Thomas and Newt count down from three.

When they count two, Minho quickly pecks your lips and grabs your hand again.

"One!"

With joined hands, yourself and Minho run to the edge of the window before jumping into a cold pool of water.

You awake a few moments later to Minho pulling you out of the water and wrapping a jacket around you. He pulls you into him, and you both run.

-

Final edit: 7.11.20