[31]▫️DEFENSIVE▫️newt

Imagine...

Newt defending you after you break a rule...

You stand in front of Newt and Gally. Alby had told them to 'deal with me,' putting his trust in his second in command. Gally starts. "I don't even know why we're standing here. S/he ran into the Maze. That's a violation of our rules."

You roll your eyes. "You've said that a thousand times already."

Newt tries to hide a smile, and Gally looks at you with eyes that could kill. "You don't get to talk!"

I scoff. "Or defend myself?" Gally glares.

Newt finally speaks. "Look, let's sort this out calmly."

"Fine. S/he needs to be punished. That's it. Done."

You are about to protest, but then Newt interrupts. "S/he found a clue. Something we've never seen before. I don't think that's necessary."

Gally's mouth drops open a little. "But Y/N broke a god-damn rule. Stop defending your little crush here and do something about it, Newt."

"Okay!" Newt glances at me, then back at Gally. "One day in the pit. No food."

"That's it? Really? For fuc-" Gally storms out as curse words flood from his mouth.

We still hear him muttering as he walks away from the council hut.

I walk over to Newt. "Thank you."

"Next time, think before you just.. run."

"I'm sorry."

Newt smiles, but it's so small, you'd barely notice unless you were standing inches away. "You found new hope of getting out of here." He briefly touches my shoulder. "Don't be sorry."

-

Final edit: 1.11.20