[42]▫️TO DIE FIRST▫️minho

Imagine...

You are tagged as, 'To Die First" in the Scorch, causing Minho to become protective of you...

(For purposes of this imagine, Winston is still alive, though he won't be mentioned.)

-

'First To Die.'

When you had run into Jorge and his group, they had checked each of your tags. Yours is one that frightened your friends the most. Ever since you had read those words, Minho had been very overprotective.

Minho had called it 'lucky' when you had both been separated from your group while running from Cranks. He thought that being alone with you was better than you being apart from him. He could keep an even closer eye on you this way.

-

As you walk, the hot, dusty ground seemingly endless, you suddenly falter. You squeeze your eyes shut, and they begin to water.

Minho is instantly by your side. "What?! What's wrong?"

"There something in my eye is all." You swat his hand away as he tries to help you.

"What if you go blind!?"

"Minho.. really?" You rub your eye, and after a few seconds, you can open it without pain or irritation. "See. Gone. Let's keep going."

-

This kind of thing happens every few minutes.

Minho falls to the ground beside you when you trip later on. You hiss as you touch the fresh, bleeding cut along your leg.

"Let me help." Minho takes a spare shirt out of his backpack. He tears it easily and wraps the frayed piece around your leg. "Okay?"

You nod. "I'm fine. Just a scratch."

Minho ignores you. He stands and offers you a hand that you take. "Want me to carry you?"

"Are you joking? I can walk."

"What if you fall again? If you get that dirty, it might get infected."

"Minho. I said I'm fine."

You look down at your wrapped leg as you feel it tingle. Blood has soaked through the old shirt.

Minho panics once again. "Where's a damn med-Jack when you need one!?"

"For the last time, Minho, I'm fine. We need to keep going, find our friends."

"We aren't going to make it to our friends if you... you-"

He cuts himself off, so you finish the sentence for him. "..die?"

Minho looks crazy as he comes right up to your face. "You will not die. Do you hear me?"

You sigh. "Look, Minho. You're trying to deny fate."

He frowns. "Fate?"

"The tag said I would be the first to die.. so maybe we just need to accept that-"

"No! No. Don't you dare. Just because WICKED put a tag on you does not mean you will definitely-" He gulps. "..die."

"Minho-"

"Enough! I will not lose you. I love you, and I won't let you die. Okay? Even if I have to glue myself to your side, I won't let it happen." When he realises what he just said, he stares at you, wide-eyed, and you stare right back.

-

Final edit: 5.11.20