[6]▫️NEWT'S GIRL▫️newt + thomas

Imagine..

Newt explaining who you are to Thomas..

"That's Minho: he's the keeper of the runners

"That's Minho: he's the keeper of the runners." Newt points to 'Minho' and then shifts a little to gesture at the girl sat next to him. "And that.. is Y/N."

"Wait.. she's.."

"The only girl here, yeah. But she can hold her own, trust me. She'll kick your ass if need be." Thomas chuckles. "She came up in the box with me. It's not happened since. But.. none of us know why."

"What's her job?"

"She came up the same day that I did. So I'm second in command, she's third. She does a bit of everything."

Newt puts down his jar and leans on the log to stare at Y/N. "Though, it should probably be the other way around. She's strong.. and one of the fastest, smartest Gladers ' rounds 'ere."

Thomas raises his brows. "You seem.. fond.. of her?"

"Well... She did save my life- but uh.. enough questions, let's go say hi." Newt pushes himself off of the ground and then pulls Thomas up by his arm. "Come on."

-

"Hey there, Greenie. I'm Y/N."

Thomas shakes hands with the girl, smiling. "Hey."

Y/N then turns her attention to Newt. She pulls him into a hug. "Newt! Where have you been all day? Thought we were gonna eat together at breakfast."

"Been showin' the newbie around all day."

Y/N looks Thomas over. "Yeah, heard this shank has had a hell of a first day."

Thomas nods. "Yeah.. well-"

Y/N punches him in the shoulder, but not too hard that it causes any pain. "Don't worry about a thing, green bean, you'll get the hang of things... eventually."

-

Final edit: 27.10.20