[44]▫️MEDIUM▫️newt *au

Imagine...

Having the ability to talk to the dead...

You are sitting at the edge of the cliff, overlooking the home you and your friends have built together

You are sitting at the edge of the cliff, overlooking the home you and your friends have built together. Thomas is hanging out with Minho and Brenda. Frypan, Aris, and his friends are all laughing around a fire. The elders of the group are cooking, cleaning, or building. Some sleep, some run around for exercise, and here you sit, alone.

That is until, in the corner of your eye, you see the figure of your deceased best friend.

"Newt?" You acknowledge.

He sits down beside you, legs dangling over the cliffside. "Was wondering when you'd notice me, love. You were in a trance."

"Yeah, well, I was just thinking."

Newt's fluffy hair blows in the wind. You watch it, wanting nothing more than to touch it. Only this secret power of yours is tricky, and you haven't quite figured out if you can make physical contact with people yet.

He breaks your train of thought. "About what?"

"Oh.. um. Just how far we've come in, what, a year?"

"It is amazing. I knew you'd do great. All of you."

"It would be even greater if you were still here too. For everyone, not just me."

You stand up, looking down at him. Newt follows like he always does.

"Where are we going?"

"I've spent enough time up here today. I'm going to go and hang out with Thomas for a bit."

"I'll leave you be then." Newt walks in the opposite direction.

You start walking down towards the beach. As you near your friends, you look back up at the cliff. As suspected, Newt is sitting there again, watching you. He waves, smiling. For a moment, you forget that no one knows you have this ability: talking to the dead. You wave back.

You jump when Thomas' voice from behind you asks, "who are you waving at?"

Your eyes widen a fraction. "Uh.. no one. Just.. no one."

"Alright, then." Thomas laughs and shrugs it off.

Then he offers you a drink of water. You happily accept. Looking up once more, you glance at Newt again. However, at this moment, it isn't just him. Sitting around and beside him are Teresa, Chuck, and Winston.

-

Final edit: 5.11.20