[24]▫️INFECTION▫️thomas

¤trigger warnings; suicidal thoughts, injury

-

>>Special thanks to; unofficialargent <<

-

Imagine...

Losing your temper more as your infection spreads...

"Get off of me!" You shout at Thomas as you shove him

Thomas doesn't budge as he keeps trying to grab you. "Y/N! Please, calm down."

"No! I won't! You're the dumbass that got us into this mess, and now we have no more water!" You kick sand at Thomas. He coughs when some hit his face. "You're so stupid!"

"Y/N... Please!"

"No!" Without thinking, you ball your hand into a fist and slam it into the side of Thomas' face.

It happens in slow motion for you. You watch Thomas' eyes squint, and his hands fly up to his face. He falls to the ground, groaning in pain. Almost instantly, the anger fades away, your humanity returns. Guilt fills you to the brim.

"Crap!"

Thomas sits up, gently touching his cheek, checking for damage. "Damn, Y/N."

You fall to your knees in front of him. You aim to cup his face in your hands but immediately withdraw, seeing the bruise starting to form. "I'm so sorry!"

"It's okay... It's not you.."

"It is me! Bite or no bite, I still hurt you!"

Thomas takes one of your hands in both of his. "We knew this would happen. The infection.. it makes you angry."

You pull your hand from his hold. "I just- the rage in me.. I- I can't stop it. I'm sorry."

Your breathing starts to quicken. Your hands are shaking. You can feel your bite wound throbbing with pain. Thomas surges forward. He sits behind you and wraps you up in his arms. He sways while trying to calm you.

"It's okay, it's okay. Just breathe. You don't have to be sorry for anything. I've got you."

You lift up your shirt, revealing the infected area. The memory of the Crank that did it surfaces. Followed by all the times you've been angry, aggressive, or irritated since.

There's only one way to stop this without anyone else getting hurt by me.

"You... Thomas.. You have to ki-"

"No!"

"It's spreading, Tommy. You have to! Before I hurt you again."

Thomas lifts your chin, forcing you to look into his eyes. "Listen to me. I am not going to take your life. There's no way. I can't." He brushes his thumb over your tear-stained cheek. "We are going to find you help.. a cure.. something. Okay? We have to."

You look up at him with all the love you have left. But also, in fear. Fear that he'll never be able to move on after you've died. "Thomas... I don't know if I'll make it long enough for that.. You- you have to do it eventually. You have to. I don't wanna be one of those.. things."

He frowns. "No. We will save you. We will. Okay? You just... You have to hold on a little longer. Alright!? Just hold on... I can't lose you."

-

Final edit: 30.10.20