[43]▫️ALWAYS▫️thomas

Imagine...

Thomas finds a ring and...

Thomas is holding your hands

Thomas is holding your hands. You are both sitting on top of a small log on the cliff, facing each other. Thomas takes a deep breath, furthering your confusion as to why he brought you up here.

He clears his throat. "Um, so, I know that given our.. circumstances that this is kind of.. difficult?" He gulps visibly, eyes flickering between yours. "I found something a few weeks ago.. and I've been staring at it, thinking and just.. here."

He reaches into his jacket pocket and pulls out a ring.

Your eyes widen. A ring!?

It's silver with a small diamond. The sun reflects off of it and causes it to shine, making it all that more appealing and beautiful.

You gasp, and Thomas chuckles. "I know, right? I found a ring on the beach. Just like that. Right when I was thinking of asking you this question anyway."

He looks down at it, twirling it between his fingers. "It's like something knew somehow... fate?"

You feel your eyes begin to well with tears. "Thomas.."

"Y/N. I love you." He interrupts you, looking right back up into your eyes. "I think we've had something special since the day I found you in the Scorch. And although we can't technically have a wedding, I still would love to call you my wife/husband. So, what do you say, will you marry me?"

Tears fall against your rosy cheeks. You gently take the ring from him. You smile as you notice there is an inscription.

One simple word.

Always.

"Yes. Thomas, yes, of course, I will!" You shove the ring back into his hand, laughing now. "Yes! Put it on."

Thomas grins. He gets down on one knee in front of you and slides the ring onto your finger.

He places his hands on your knees and leans up for a kiss.

"Wait!" Before your lips can meet, you stop him. Pushing his shoulder lightly, you stand up. You offer your hand to him and pull him up with you.

"What? What is it?" Thomas asks, desperately.

"Who says we can't have a wedding? All we need is vows, rings, friends.." You look down at the survivors of the Safe Haven. "And.."

"And?"

Beaming back up at Thomas, you tug him into a hug. "Each other."

-

Final edit: 5.11.20