[22]▫️THE FIRST BOY▫️aris▫️[part 2]

Imagine...

After escaping the Maze with Aris, as you promised, you get separated...

Aris looks at you from across the dining table. You smile in reply to his worried expression. You reach over and place your hand on the table. He follows, placing his on top of yours. "We're gonna be fine, A. We made it out."

"I know, I just..." He whispers, pulling down his hood farther. "I don't trust this place."

"Me either, not completely... but we have food, clean clothes, showers, it's-"

"Y/N." You jump, looking for the source of the voice calling your name.

"No." Aris leans forward, slightly bending over the table. "Don't go with them. Please, there's something wrong here."

"Y/N!?" You look in the direction the voice comes from, realising that it's Janson. "Is she here?"

You stand up slowly, shaking. "Yes.."

"Come on up here." You stay still, looking back at Aris again, unsure and scared. He shakes his head.

Your heart rate picks up as you look around at the other teenagers who all stare at you with jealous looks. Most of them are convinced that they are here to be saved, to be taken 'home.' You glance around for exits, but every single one is guarded by two or three armed men. You feel the tears begin to well in your eyes as your hand clutches Aris's tighter.

Then suddenly, you are jolted forward by two pairs of arms on either side of you. You glance at the two guards who start forcing you forward.

"No! Y/N!"

"Aris! Aris!" You yell.

The force they pull you along with convinces you that they are not good people. Your arms are being practically crushed by the guards' grip on you, and they don't even notice your tears or shouts of pain. "Where are you taking me!?"

"Move!"

--

You follow behind a line of boys and girls. Each one disappears behind a curtain and then doesn't come back. The line gets smaller and smaller, and you start to panic. Then one of the guards grabs you and pulls you aside. They turn you around quickly, clamping a hand over your mouth. You scream when the guard places a sharp object against the skin of your arm and slices long, jagged cuts into it. He then shoves you forward into view and gestures to another guard. "This one is injured. I'm taking her to get stitched up first."

"Right. Be prompt." A woman in a lab coat says.

The guard then takes you out into the corridor. You start kicking again. "Let go of me! Let go! Asshole, let me go!"

"Shh! Shh!" The guard pulls down their mask. It's a woman, with black braided hair. "I'm here to help you. I'm with the Right Arm."

"Help me!?" You show your bleeding arm, the red substance dripping along your skin and onto the floor. "You cut me!"

"To buy time. So come on, let's go. Now."

"How can I trust you!?"

She quickly reaches into her pocket, pulling out a rag and swiftly wrapping your wound. She ties a knot, causing you to hiss as the action makes the injury sting. "Follow me, and you will trust me. I promise." You both start to run, the woman helping you along.

--

Final edit: 29.10.20