[25]▫️MORNING KISSES▫️newt

Prompt; "We have to be quiet."

--

Imagine...

Sleeping next to Newt...

When you peel your eyes open, you are wrapped up in Newt's arms

When you peel your eyes open, you are wrapped up in Newt's arms. You turn in his embrace and face him. You run your thumb over his eyebrow, down his cheek, and ghost it over his lips. You wonder how someone can still look like an angel, even while snoring.

You feel Newt start to shift. You pull your hand from his face, but he grabs it back. He brings your palm to his lips and plants a few soft kisses there. "Mornin', love."

"Hi. Sorry if I woke you up."

"You're the last person who should apologise for waking me up."

"Why?"

"Because I love waking up next to your beautiful face."

You kick his leg under the blanket. "Cheesy."

Suddenly, Newt shifts again, moving to hover over you. "Romantic, you mean."

He has one hand by your head, resting on the pillow. The other is framing your jaw. He moves in for a kiss, but you dodge it. "Newt."

He tries again, and you dodge it. "What?"

"We can't. Alby is like, right next door."

Newt frowns. "So.. no kisses?" He makes a sad face, sticking out his lower lip and batting his eyelashes.

You smile, reaching up to grab the back of his neck. You pull him down until he is mere inches away from your lips. "Fine. But we have to be quiet."

"'Course, love." Newt nods.

And then you're tugging him down and smashing your lips together.

At some point during your morning kisses, you mutter in between. Repeating Newt's words from a few moments ago, you say, "I love waking up next to you too."

--

Final edit: 30.10.20