[47]▫️FACTS▫️thomas + newt [part 3]

For: destinycopley13

-

Imagine...

Explaining to Thomas and Newt why you are so scared of WiCKeD...

Your eyes flutter open and land on the- ceiling? Your heart starts thumping as you wonder where you are

Your eyes flutter open and land on the- ceiling? Your heart starts thumping as you wonder where you are. Going to the worst-case scenario immediately, you imagine being tied down in a WiCKeD facility or strung up. You shift slightly. Your arms are free, and legs too. You relax for just a second.

The last thing you remember, you were staring up at a darkening sky. You try to push yourself into a sitting position. You feel something soft as you do. Looking down, you see that you were lying on a puffy, white pillow. Well, not so much white: the pillow has scratches and patches of dirt at the corners.

You frown, then look around. The group of boys is surrounding you, all of them asleep, except for Thomas and Newt.

They both move to sit next to you.

Newt offers his cute smile. "Finally awake. I was getting tired of helping t' carry ya."

"Where are we?"

Thomas looks around as he explains. "Just an old building. We had to stop for a few hours."

You cross your legs, bringing the pillow around and hugging it to your chest.

Newt notices. "Ah. Yeah, we found like, three pillows and some old blankets. Thought you should have one, since, you know..."

Newt points to your head. You reach up to touch it. A thin piece of material circles your head like a halo. "How long was I out for?"

Thomas takes a few seconds, probably counting the hours. "Almost a day."

You start to panic then. "A day!? Did- are WiCKeD near? Like, are they close? I have to move."

Thomas puts a hand on your knee. "Woah. Slow down. I don't think so."

"You don't think so!? Thomas, have you seen or heard them pass by?"

"No." Newt answers for him. "We haven't. Swear."

"Why are you so afraid of them?" Thomas asks.

You raise your brows. "Aren't you?"

"Well... yes. But you said they wanted you... that you couldn't have them find you."

You sigh. "I used to work for them."

Thomas and Newt both looked surprised by your blatant honesty. "What do you mean?"

"Just that."

"Then what are you doing out here?"

"I ran away. I couldn't stay there." You run a hand through your hair. Images of what you saw them do flash through your mind.

Your stomach begins to feel queasy as you continue. "I never wanted to work for those people, but my mother, she was one of them, and I was born into it. They raised me, schooled me... you name it. And they forced me to help them- if I didn't, if I disobeyed, I wouldn't get any meals that day, and I was punished."

Thomas's eyes look sad, sincere. "I'm so sorry."

"The reason I'm so..."

Newt chips in, "Prickly? Mean?"

You glare at him. He raises his hands in defense. "I never had any friends. I only spoke to one guard. And he was also being forced to work there.'

"Wait." Newt shakes his head. "Your mum... she let that happen?"

You nod, staring down at your fingers as you pick at the skin under your nails. "My mother never cared for me. She didn't even want me. But, I saw what they were doing to innocent children. And then I heard of a group called the Right Arm. Good people. I sent them a message, and they got a few kids out, I included. I was on my way back to free more kids with a team, but I lost them.. all of them. That's when I bumped into you guys. And that's why they want me so bad."

A slight smile adorns Thomas' face. "The Right Arm?" You nod. "They're real?"

"Yeah."

"We've been trying to get to them too. Do you know where they are?"

"I think so. They told my group where they were headed next so we could get to them on our way back. I'm hoping they're still there."

Thomas and Newt glance at each other. You roll your eyes and sigh, knowing what they want. "Yes. Okay? I can take you, idiots, there with me."

Thomas smiles. "Thank you. Honestly."

Newt stands. "We should wake everyone and leave asap."

"Yeah." You nod, slowly rising to your feet. "But..."

Thomas zips up his jacket, eyes flickering to yours. "What is it?"

"After everything, I just told you..." You shake your head in disbelief. "Why are you trusting me?"

Newt smiles. "You said you were helping kids get out."

"But, I still worked for them."

"No.," Thomas says, voice stern. "You were forced to work for them. Now, lead the way. Please."

You nod once more, then look around for your bag, swinging it over your shoulder when you find it. You start walking towards a giant hole in a brick wall. You climb through it. The heat of the sun hits your skin instantly.

You look back at the group, who one by one wake up and grab their things. "Come on, morons. We're wasting daylight."

-

Final edit: 7.11.20