[38]▫️A GRADE▫️thomas *au*

Imagine...

Thomas being proud when you get a good grade...

Your knee bounces up and down under your desk

Your knee bounces up and down under your desk. You have been studying for this test for weeks, hours, and hours of revising and caffeine. You watch your teacher walk between desks, laying down test papers in front of students one by one. Some students react with smiles, fist pumps, and giggles. They swing around to their friends and compare their results, while others hang their heads in shame or sink into their chairs in annoyance. Then they quietly or happily leave the room, ready to tell their parents.

You watch as Thomas receives his. He doesn't look at it for a few minutes, so you lean over. "Thomas. You should look."

He nods at you, taking a deep breath. When he sees the letter "A" scrawled in green marker, he smiles. He glances at you and puts up his thumb, clearly happy.

You jump when your test is placed in front of you by the teacher. A surge of pain runs through you when your wobbling knee hits the underside of your desk. You reach down to rub at it. "Ow!"

Thomas leans over to you this time. "You good?"

"Yeah... I hit my damn knee."

Thomas chuckles. "Well.. look at your test then."

You pick it up and hold it out in front of you. A smile spreads over your face when you see your mark. "A plus! I got an A-plus!?"

Thomas pokes your arm. "Well done, smarty pants."

Without any warning, you jump up and pull Thomas into a hug. Though awkwardly from his position in his chair.

"Thank you! Thank you for helping me study!"

Thomas laughs, his arms wrapping around your middle. "You're welcome."

-

Final edit: 3.11.20