[2]▫️THE FIRST GIRL▫️newt

Imagine;

Being the first girl in the Maze..

I open my eyes, and the first thing I see is two bodies sitting by my side

I open my eyes, and the first thing I see is two bodies sitting by my side. I try to sit up, but a throbbing pain in my head prevents it. I let out a groan, which disturbs the sleeping boys. They wake and scramble around until they are stood over me, watching.

Their glaring eyes make me nervous, and I start to freak out. I glance around for a sign of an exit. When I see an entryway letting in sunlight, I try to get away. I swing my legs over the side of whatever it is I've been lying on top. I try to run, but my left leg gives out.

The two boys catch me. "Woah. Calm down."

"Tommy, pull her up."

They sit me back up, and I look down at my leg. It' is wrapped in bandages, a blob of red seeping through the material. "Wh-?"

"You're okay. That happened when you came up. You freaked out and fell."

My eyes dart between the two faces. "Came up? Where- where am I? Who are you?"

"I'm Thomas." The first boy says. He is about to speak again when another voice yells his name from outside. He looks at the other boy. "Newt.. explain everything to her. Gotta go."

"Yeah, 'course. I got it."

Thomas leaves, and 'Newt' sits next to me.

"Where am I?" I repeat my question.

"Home.. for now. We call it The Glade. You're safe here, okay?" He speaks in a much softer tone than Thomas. It calms me a little. "Can you remember anything?"

I close my eyes, trying to think of something, anything, some memory. Nothing comes up. I open them again, and Newt is waiting patiently for an answer, a gentle smile on his face. I shake my head, and my eyes start to tear up. "N-no."

"Your name?"

"No! W-why can't I remember?"

He sighs. "None of us can remember anything from before coming here. But your name, that'll come back to you."

He places a hand on my shoulder. The simple touch calms my heavy breathing. "Come back to me? I don't- I don't get it. Why just my name? Why am I here?"

Newt chuckles. "You're just like Thomas, so many questions." He stands up. "Okay, do you need to get some more rest? You can stay here a while longer. or I can show you around."

I take a few seconds to think, and curiosity wins. I push myself up. "Fine."

"Alright, let's go, Greenie."

"Greenie?"

-

Final edit: 24.10.20