[26]▫️BABY NEWS▫️newt

Newt and Mary are both alive and well for this one!

--

Prompt; "How much of that did you hear?"

--

Imagine...

After a few months at the Safe Haven, you have some special news for Newt...

You lay on one of the beds in the Medhut. Eyes squeezed shut, you picture what your body will look like in a couple of months. How different everything will be. If...

Your fingers drum against the side of your leg. Mary obviously notices your nerves.

"It's going to be just fine."

"I don't know about that."

"And why? You're an incredible woman, and you will be an amazing mother." She smiles, taking a seat on a stool next to you.

"But I just- wait.. you.. you just said I will be?" Mary nods as you sit up slowly. "I'm- I'm.."

Mary shows me a list of symptoms she has written down. "Judging by these.. you are pregnant, Y/N."

~ Nausea ✔

~ Sensitive to certain smells ✔

~ Cravings ✔

~ Dizziness ✔

~ Irritable ✔

"Congratulations!" Mary grins and opens her arms for a hug.

"I can't believe it."

You both pull away, and Mary frowns for a second. "Are you okay with this? You seem-"

All of a sudden, you let out a snort, half laugh, half sob.

"I'm so happy!" Tears of pure happiness roll down your puffy red cheeks. "Thank you!"

Mary laughs. She embraces you again, in a motherly fashion, one hand cradling the back of your head while she sways slightly. "I am glad. You're going to be the greatest parents any child could ask for."

You cover your mouth with both hands. "I have to tell Newt. Oh, my g- how do you think- how's he gonna react. I-"

Mary grips your shoulders. "There's only one way to know. Go tell him."

"Right. Yes. Going." You head towards the door, giddy but nervous. "Thanks again."

--

You step out of the hut backward so that you can close the door. When you turn around, Newt is sitting against the wall there. He looks you up and down. You gulp, realising that he has probably been there for a while. "Newt! H-hey."

Slowly, he stands up and faces you. His eyes dart down to your stomach.

"How much of that did you hear?"

You are taken aback when he surges forward, wrapping you in a warm hug. His hands run up and down your back.

"I guess.. all of it then?"

Newt pulls back, and he has tears in his eyes. "I heard everything. I didn't mean to, but-" He gasps mid-sentence. His eyes dart to your belly again. "Am I really going to be a father?"

You nod. Tears prick your eyes again.

His hand hovers near your waist. You realise what he is trying to do, so you take his hand and place it over your stomach. "You are."

Both of you burst into giggles.

"This is amazing. You're amazing. I wanna tell everyone right now."

You lay a hand on Newt's face. "Slow down, babe. I wanna enjoy this with you first."

Newt nods enthusiastically. "Yes. Yeah, of course. I'm just.. I'm so excited."

"Me too."

--

Final edit: 30.10.20