[17]▫️MOTHER▫️mary

Imagine...

Finding out that you are related to Mary...

▫️

During your first night at the Right Arm, you notice that the doctor - Mary, has been glancing at you every few minutes.

When your friends disperse, bidding you goodnight and wandering off to bed, she comes over. She crouches down in front of you. "Hey."

You smile politely. "Hello. I'm just about to go and sleep some-"

"Wait... I- I need to tell you something."

You furrow your brows. "Is it.. serious?"

She pauses for a few seconds, then nods. "Yes. And... I'm not sure if you'll even believe me."

"Okay, please, just.. say it."

"I'm your mother."

Your eyes pop open. "Uh- wh- what?"

"I had you when I was with WiCKeD.. and when you were born, they.. they took you from me."

You close your eyes, shaking your head. "Wait, so how do you know?"

"Your mark."

Your eyes widen as she reaches forward, takes your arm gently, and pushes up your jacket sleeve. On your wrist is a small birthmark. It's shaped like a star.

"H-how did you know that was there?"

"I'm your mother." She places her hand on your cheek softly and lifts your head to look at her. "And I'd recognize you anywhere. Especially these gorgeous eyes."

You lean into her touch. "This is just.. insane."

"Yeah.. a little, but.." Her eyes start to well with tears, and then she smiles. "I've finally found you."

Suddenly, you are in her arms, and there are tears and laughter.

▫️

Final edit: 28.10.20