[30]▫️PUNISHED▫️thomas

¤trigger warnings; violence, kidnap/punishment

-

Imagine...

Thomas' reaction when WCKD punishes you for helping the Gladers...

-

"Thomas, why are we doing this to them?"

-

"We should help them-"

"We can't."

"Thomas.."

-

"I can't watch this anymore."

"They'll punish you if you try to help them, Y/N."

"They're the ones suffering, and we're.. helping.."

-

"Y/N, please. I can't lose you."

"They'll never know.."

-

"Thomas... I did it. I sent the note down with the Box."

"Y/N! Why? They're going to find out. They always do."

-

~ Dear Glade people,

I work for the people who put you here. But I want to help. Please - get out! It's not what you think. Not a prison. Not a 'home.' WCKD is testing you. RUN. Please.

I'm so sorry. ~

-

You look through the glass screen at Thomas, who is already staring back. You type a message into your keyboard. It appears on his screen instantly.

Y/N: Tell me you're not mad. I'm trying to do what's right.

Thomas looks down at his keyboard. He types a message. When it appears on my screen, he watches me read.

Thomas: Never. But we could have found a way to help them together.

Y/N: How then?

Thomas: I don't know. If you had waited a little longer, though, we could have found some way.

Every time you have read a message, you immediately delete it.

Y/N; I couldn't take it

*delete*

You are about to send another reply when you hear the familiar sound of heavy footsteps. You don't react. You knew they would figure out who sent the unauthorized message.

Y/N: Look behind me.

*delete*

Thomas does as your message tells him. He looks up, his eyes growing wider. You smile when he looks back at you, fear, and worry on his face.

You type one last message, quickly.

Y/N: I love you, Thomas.

You watch him as his eyes scan the words. Then, you are being dragged away by two guards. "Y/N. You are to be punished for trying to help the subjects.."

The rest of what the guard says fades into the distance. Your focus is on Thomas. You don't take your eyes off of him until you are out of the room.

-

Thomas screams. "No!" His hand balls into a fist, and he punches the screen in front of him. It shatters into a million pieces.

A guard charges into the room. "What have you done!?"

Thomas moves swiftly. He grabs the guard by his collar, pulling him down so that they are eye to eye. "What have you done!? Where is Y/N!?"

The guard pushes Thomas away. "Sorry, pal. You're never going to see them again. And even if you do, they won't remember you."

The guard is almost laughing as he says this like he's taunting Thomas.

That is until a large piece of glass is wedged into his kneecap.

-

Final edit: 31.10.20