[21]▫️THE FIRST BOY▫️aris▫️[part 1]

Imagine...

A boy comes up in the box with a note. You help him...

 You help him

▫️

A/N: You are the equivalent of Alby - first in command.

▫️

"It's a boy."

"What?" You step forward, looking down into the box. "How?"

"I don't know," Sonya replies. "Who's gonna get him, though?"

"I will." You jump down, landing perfectly and with ease. You kneel down next to the boy and notice something in his hand. Carefully, you pull it out and then look up in shock. The rest of the girls look confused.

"What is it?" One of them asks.

"It says.." You take a small breath. "It says... 'he's the last one... ever'."

--

Later that night, Harriet walks quickly out of the medical hut. "He's awake, Y/N. Says his name is Aris. But he's very confused and upset, we're finding it hard to keep him calm."

"Alright. Let's go then."

We make our way back to the hut. I walk in and see Aris sitting up with crossed legs. He looks so scared, and I feel instantly guilty. One of the med jacks speaks up. "He won't keep still. Keeps tryna get outta here."

I push open the door. "Let go."

"What? Y/N, What if he runs-"

"You heard. Let the boy go! He's scared, and he needs to know he's not our prisoner here. Come on, Aris."

The girls step back, and Aris stands up. I gesture for him to follow me out of the hut, and he does. The second we are out, he does as I expected since seeing him: he runs. 

"Hey!" I quickly catch up to him, getting ahead and stopping him with my hand landing hard against his chest. "You don't wanna do that."

"What is this place? Am I trapped? What's that?" He points to the doors of the Maze.

"So many questions, greenie. All will be answered, I promise you."

"When? I don't understand. Why can I only remember my name... n-nothing else."

"Listen," I sigh. "It happens to everyone. None of us can remember anything. But, as I said, answers will come later. For now, all you need to know is that you are safe. As safe as you can be... for now."

Aris looks up finally, frowning at me. "For now?"

"Yes." I put a hand on his shoulder and meet his eyes. "Because I'm working on getting us out of here. And I will."

-

Final edit: 29.10.20