[12]▫️NIGHTMARES▫️newt

Imagine...

Newt being there for you when you have a nightmare...

You wake up screaming, head pounding. Your eyes search in the dark for.. what? The hammock sways slightly. You swing your legs over the side and cover your face with your hands.

"You alright there, love?" Newt stands before you, holding a light.

"Yeah." You rub at your eyes, the slight sting in them worsening. "Fine."

"Are you sure? Because I was just doing my rounds and saw you shouting in your sleep." He puts the light down and lays a hand on your upper arm. You look up at him. "Nightmare?"

You sigh. "Yeah."

"Come on." Newt gestures for you to follow him. You do, not really wanting to go back to sleep right now. "We'll go sit by the fire for a bit. Might calm you down."

-

Yourself and Newt have been sitting by the fire for at least half of an hour now. "So.. Y/N, what was this nightmare about?"

You shake your head, images of it crossing your mind. "I don't- I don't really wanna-"

"Okay. Yeah. I get it." Newt looks at you, smiling a little. "You think you wanna go back now? Get some more sleep?"

"Not really. I don't wanna, like.. fall back into that dream, you know what I mean?" Newt nods. You crack a smile to, in gratitude. "Thanks, though."

"S'alright."

"Maybe I just need a distraction.. then I'll be able to sleep."

"Maybe." Newt echoes. "Can I- I think I can help with that."

You look up and you both lock eyes then. You catch his flickering down to your mouth. He starts to inch closer, slowly, as if giving you a chance to move away. When you're a breath width apart, and neither of you moves, it happens. You push forward, and you meet Newt's lips in a delicate, welcome kiss.

-

Final edit:m 28.10.20