[19]▫️DAMN FAST▫️minho

Imagine...

Minho being impressed with how fast you can run. He asks you to take the place of one of the runners who has quit...

 He asks you to take the place of one of the runners who has quit

Chuck nudges your arm. "Hey, Y/N, someone's got their eye on you."

"Excuse me, what?"

Chuck points across the fire at Minho, who indeed is staring at you. You raise your brows at him, attempting the throw him off. However, he keeps his eyes on you and quirks a brow in reply. You frown then, but he throws one right back. 

You groan loudly, standing up. "Chuck, watch my food. I'm gonna see what he wants."

I walk away, and as I do, I hear my young friend mutter to himself. "I'll watch it, but there's no guarantee that I won't steal it."

You chuckle to yourself. Then focus back on Minho as you walk over to him. He follows suit, making his way towards you. "What's with the staring contest?"

Minho gestures away from the campfire, clearly wanting to talk more privately. 

-

We stand under a tree, not too far from our friends, but not close enough that they'll hear us. Minho jumps right in with a question that I don't expect. "We need more runners. Do you want in?"

"Uh... what now?"

"We had one of our guys quit, said he can't do it anymore. Got spooked by something the other day, I guess."

I scoff. "And? What makes you think I'd want to take his place?"

Minho shakes his head slightly. "Nothing." He shrugs. "But the first day you arrived here, I saw you run and you were... damn fast."

Minho smiles. He almost looks proud?

"I was aiming for the doors, man. Running because I was trying to get out of here."

Minho nods. "And don't you still want to get out of here? You were one of the fastest I've seen, Greenie. Aside from myself and Ben."

"But you've only seen me run once."

Minho smirks. "You think no one notices that you run around the whole glade at least twice every night? Listen, I still think that there may be more clues to find out there, but we can't go into the Maze alone. We need a group.. so, are you in?"

The possibility of freedom is what grabs you, but honestly, he had you at 'we need more runners'. "Yeah. Okay, fine."

▫️

Final edit: 28.10.20