[27]▫️I LOVE YOU▫️newt

Requested: anon/'Annie'

Prompt; "Are you drunk?"

--

Imagine...

Newt blurting out his feelings for Annie...

"I think I'm falling in love with you."

Annie spits out her drink. Throwing herself forwards, she puts her jar down and starts coughing. Newt rubs her back, then pats it gently as he laughs.

"Wh- wh-"

He laughs even louder now. "Cough it up, love."

"Yeah.." Once Annie has calmed herself, she stares into Newt's eyes, squinting. "Are you drunk?"

"Drunk?"

"You just told me you love me. Are you drunk?"

Newt picks up his jar of Gally's special recipe, showing it to Annie. "Look." He shakes it a little so that it fizzes and bubbles. There are still at least three quarters left of what he began with. "See."

"So.. you meant it?"

Newt nods. "I did."

Annie pauses for a moment, allowing time for goosebumps to raise on her arms. "Why the outburst?"

Newt shrugs like it is an easy conversation for him. "Felt right." He turns to face Annie, resting one arm on the log behind them. "I have been meanin' to tell ya for a while."

"Really?"

"Really." Newt's eyes wander over her face, searching for something. "So, do you... feel the same?"

Annie nods, smiling from ear to ear now. "Yes. I do. I love you."

Newt reacts with a laugh, then he leans over for a kiss. "I love you, Annie."

--

Final edit: 30.10.20