[45]▫️FACTS▫️thomas + newt

Imagine...

Being alone in the Scorch until you bump into other survivors...

"Thanks, Tommy!" You hear a boy's voice shout as you start running faster

The Cranks are catching up. Your bag strap starts sliding down your arm as you move. While trying to pull it up quickly, you smash into a body, or.. two bodies. You pause for only a moment or two, watching the two boys in front of you start to freak out. It doesn't take them long before they figure that you are a real human being. Then they are staring and frowning. Suddenly, echoed growls fill the dark emptiness of the abandoned mall. You jump back into action. Pushing past the two boys, you run for your life once again.

"Move, you damn morons!" You mutter curse words at the boys as you sprint ahead of them.

-

You reach the exit, a giant hole in what probably used to be a shop window. Scanning the area, you spot a ditch, half-covered with a gigantic piece of cement. "That'll do it."

You jump into the ditch, setting down your bag and ducking under for cover. You open your note pad that was tucked away in your pocket. On the first page is a list titled, 'Crank facts.'

The third on the list reads:

° Mostly like to chase me around in the dark/dark areas. You should be safe during daylight hours if you are quiet.

You take a deep breath, muttering to yourself, "I should be safe during daylight hours.. be quiet. Just going to wait it out for a while."

You take another breath and then start to close your eyes for sleep. That's when you hear fast approaching footsteps.

Right away, you know that it's the boys you bumped into before. You stand up, rolling your eyes, and gesture for them to come over. "Oi! Get down here quick!"

The two boys, followed by the rest of their group, do as you say.

-

The next morning, when you wake, the two idiots who nearly got you killed are watching you. "What!?"

"Thanks for uh-"

"Helping us."

You scoff. "Right."

The red-haired boy offers his hand to you. "I'm New-"

"Look, just because I saved your asses, that doesn't mean we're friends. Got it? Okay, good."

You stand abruptly, grabbing your things and then walking away. "See you around, weirdos."

And then you're gone, not knowing that in your rush, you had dropped your notepad.

-

Final edit: 7.11.20