Ch 22. What Can I Ever Understand

Dedicated to Br00kie, just because of your cute comment! :)

INCOMING STORY!

_______________

I couldn't be weak. I couldn't act like a child and skip school. Like I did weeks ago. I was so much better than that, and I needed to take it the mature way. I kicked off my cover with my legs flying off in the air; I regretted it immediately, feeling the chill down to my toes when the cold air surrounded my body. Get out of the bed. Now.

I groaned and lifted my heavy head from the soft bed. The pillow was on the floor and it seemed like I threw it down there before going to sleep. I never slept with a pillow since I thought it felt better without it. It always felt nice to hug it at bad times but it seemed so unnecessary under my head.

Why did I turn so weird when I found out about them being together before? I couldn't like Zach in that way. Not that fast. Something like love was so unknown to me. I never knew how it felt like. And I barely know Zach anyway.

"Mom, how did you meet dad?" I asked her as she was sitting in front of me with her water in her hand, when I had finally gotten off my bed to the kitchen. She put it down on the table and looked at me. "We were classmates." she shyly mumbled. I could even see some blush under her foundation. Wow. My mom still seemed to love my dad. But why wasn't he here then? Why wouldn't she tell me where or who he is then?

"How did you get together?" I curiously asked her. This time she started hesitating. "Why do you want to know suddenly?" she asked me with a bothered smile. I squinted my eyes. It's about my father. Who I have never met in my life.

"You still won't tell me right?" I sighed and saw her doing it too.

"You know that I don't like... talking about him." she said and I hinted some tears in her eyes. This wasn't leading me anywhere. What the hell did my dad do to her? I left my plate on the counter and left to the living room, watching tv. I noticed how everyone on tv except documentaries were actors. It felt weird. I had never given it a thought before.

The acting world had opened up for me. I saw people playing their role carefully with all their heart and couldn't help concentrating on their character and lines. Then repeating it, seeing if I could had done it any better. Acting was fun.

I was totally lost in my own world and suddenly heard my phone ring. I ran up expecting it to be Krystal but when I saw the screen I couldn't help opening my mouth. I answered it with a weak hello.

"I'm outside." Zach said without any emotion in it. I was quiet because I didn't know what to do.

"Why are you here?" I mumbled into my phone as I clenched it. It made a cracking noise and I knew that it would break if I kept going on like that.

"I want to explain some things." he told me and with that I shut my phone and looked outside the window. Indeed he was outside at the porch sitting on the stairs with his phone to his ear. I ran down and slung the door open seeing him there slowly turning around to see me.

"Hey." I said as I swallowed the big lump at the back of my throath. His eyes pierced right through me like he knew every thought that was inside my head. It was scary, that feeling - Even though I always was the one knowing peoples true thoughts. It was the same treatment I had been given back at that moment.

I took careful steps closer and ended up sitting next to him. "Hey." he replied back looking down at the grass. It was so dead in the air with the awkward silence.

"You have a lot to explain." I finally pushed out of my mouth. He chuckled. "That's right."

"You two were together before." I said in his place, because that was just as far as I had gotten.