Ch 60. Welcome To West Bite

To nanie100 for spamming my feed reading SMLITBD!
__________________________________

I looked up at the tall building that seemed to reach up to the sky. It seemed so endless, like nothing could stop the company to do whatever they wanted. I stomped into the front entrance, expecting guards to stand there to stop intruders - like me.

I touched the doorknob that was ice cold, ready to open and freak out. "You don't need to do this..." Amber grabbed my sleeve. She looked at me with puppy eyes, something I could never imagine before.

"Oh yes I do." I chuckled, then opened the door. I walked into the clean-looking lobby with Amber taking small insecure steps behind me. It sure was weird seeing her so weak since she'd always be so strong and dominant.

I walked to the receptionists that were looking at me with scared eyes. "Hello, how can I help you?" she said with a weak smile. I smiled back to her.

"I need to see Craig."

"Have you booked a meeting with him?" she asked me, still smiling. I shook my head.

"I haven't, but I really need to see him." Amber touched my arm, trying to make me go back. I bumped her a bit so that she'd know that I wouldn't give up.

"You need to book a meeting with him because his schedule is very packed. He isn't available right now." she said to me, trying to make me go away.

"Oh, he's busy? Busy in his office napping?"

"Audree, let's go..." Amber tugged my sleeve.

"Very right , Audree Melany." I turned around and there he was. Craig Maste. "It was a nice nap. "Amber let out a small shriek when she saw him. It was creeping me out that he was calling me by my full name. Or calling my name at all for that matter. I marched to him, then pulled on his collar to show him who's in charge. The guards took notice of my attack, running towards us.

"It's fine, don't mind us." Craig waved them off, looking right into my eyes with a glare despite my tight grip on his shirt. The guards went back, looking back at us several times. "What brings you here, Melany-girl?" he smiled to me.

"You need to give back Amber her job." I roared.

"Nopes!" he grinned. "No can do."

"You took her job. You can give it back, you know." I grunted. He was getting on my nerves.

"Let's make a deal, Mel-girl." he smiled. I didn't like him giving me nicknames. I hated it. It felt like he thought that he knew me.

"I refuse." It still didn't stop him from telling me whatever he wanted though.

"I'll give Amber tons of jobs." That did sound interesting. "If you join West Bite." Of course that would be the condition. Never in my whole life.

"No way I'm doing that." I laughed. "No way." His expression was changing. His aura was growing, darkness sipping out rapidly. Invading my personal space. He pulled me to the sides, getting away from Amber. She was looking at me with her head cocking to the side.

"How about this, Mel? If you don't join West Bite I'll tell the whole world about your aura thing." What?  Craig Maste... knows about my ability? My mouth was almost falling down. How did he know? "Now that expression is awesome!" he laughed. "You don't have a choice, Audree." I was terrified, feeling like the first time I met him. He had something on me. Something I never wanted to reveal to anyone. "I need that aura thing you have. Just think about how powerful we would be with you. It's perfect."

"How do you know?!" I yelled, shaking as I dragged his collar all over.

"Now I know for sure." he smirked. I wanted to hit him so badly.