Ch 7. Sudden Change

Loooooong chapter today! :)

Dedicated to a sweet reader, Furby811!

______________

"Audree...?"

She dressed up as a boy, enrolling into East Creket. She let out her hair, and then enrolled into the musicworld. It doesn't sound right. It sounds like a movie. Because it's so unrealistic, but still realistic at the same time.

"Audree!"

"Yes?!" I yelled. She looked away, embarrassed.

"Sorry. But... What about it then?" She was nervous and I saw her whole aura change. I had mixed feelings.

I was surprised, a feeling she always gives me. The rest of my emotions were mostly unreadable but the one that stood out the most was how amazed I was, which is also a really normal feeling when I'm around her.

"That is..." I said slowly, noticing how she concentrated on me at the long pause.

"So cool!" I yelled. "You're the most awesome person I've ever met!" I shrieked and broke into a hug. She looked shocked in the beginning but shifted onto a smile later on.

"Y-You're not freaked out...?" she mumbled. I shook my head.

"Of course not! I just can't believe your guts."

She grinned. "You won't tell anyone right?"

"I swear. You can even threaten me with my secret. My secret will make others freak out but your secret will make you a big topic here." I grinned when she let out a sigh. She gave me a light hug.

"You're the best."

"I know."

•••

I feel more confident. Now that I know Krystal's secret, it's like I know that she trusts me the most, except of Darrén. I walked straight and was proud of myself. I think I walked around with a smile because there were so many staring at me.

"Audree!" someone yelled into my ear. I jumped up with a yell and the whole class stared. Matt was beside me trying to hide his laugh. I pretended that didn't do anything and returned back to my seat.

"Was that necessary?!" I roared with a small voice, not trying to get attention.

"You weren't listening." he chuckled. "I had to." I let out a sigh and looked at the paper.

"But we better work on this now we're supposed to be done with the whole script until tomorrow!" I scolded him and he just laughed it off, saying it's not a big deal.

"Then how about you come to my house and we work on it then?" he suggested. I said yes impulsively like I always did before and didn't realize what I just did. I invited myself over to that boy that dumped me for the cheerleaders. Or rather he invited me, but I said yes.

It'll be awkward, and I even felt it now. But what's done is done. I can't do anything about it now. I passed Misty and knew that she heard it. That's no good, and I knew that she was planning something.

I felt how the hours passed so fast and couldn't stop feeling uneasy. This is the only time I don't want the time to move on fast because I didn't want to be Misty's victim just like before. I hesitated when thinking about telling Krystal but knew that I can't rely on her every time I get in trouble with Misty. I have to take her on myself.

¤¤¤

I was standing in front of the red door. This red door that was made of wood and really old, and a flashback took me back to the time when Matt and I played outside this house, how I couldn't open the door because of it's tricky lock when I ate dinner at his house.