Ch 16. A Faraway Dreamland

Heya girls! Update update woop woop :) Please comment what you think of this chapter, I love feedback :)

Dedicated to Evam83 because uh... you're on my newsfeed? XD

________________________________________________

The sun blinded me even if my eyes were closed, and woke me up slowly. Rolling around for some minutes before going up from my sweet nice bed I closed my draping. I slightly regretted opening them but not for long because it was well planned waking up two hours before school. I had lots of time. And no annoying alarm. Just the nice sun.

I had nicely laid the make-up, and the clothes on the desk so that I wouldn't need to hurry. I went straight into the bathroom and washed my face, looking at the mirror as I had splashed my face with the ice cold water to wake me up completely. I was shining today. Not just my face - out of happiness, actually my confidence was shining and lighting up the whole bathroom. 

I brushed my hair and let it out all wavy, something I'd never done before. At school. I had always thought that flat was the perfect hair but realized that it might be boring, and natural was always the best choice.

I took a dust of the dark eye shadow and brushed my eyelashes with the mascara. I blinked some times and looked into the mirror, seeing me with bigger, more outstanding eyes. I looked good. I could finally admit it. I put a transparent lip gloss as a last touch and slipped into my tight form fitting dark-green jeans and my loose camisole that was shorter at the front, showing a faint line of my stomach. That wasn't round and big this time. Not like Misty's uniform though, pulled up to show her belly button even though the cheerleading uniforms weren't cut out for belly showing.

Anyway, leaving Misty out of it; I gave the clock a quick glance that was right next to my other make-up tools that I wasn't giving a thought about using that day. It was 6:55AM. I had more than enough time. I gave the mirror a last look and saw so much different, a proud girl. I couldn't help smiling a bit before realizing that I was turning into a crazy freak smiling to my own reflection. But the me in the mirror at that time was happy, and the change wasn't in just the outside. I could see my clear inside with my ability as my confidence shone, something I never had before.

My phone suddenly rang and made a loud sound as I literally jumped on it to shut it up. I saw Krystal's name on the screen and answered quickly. "Hello?"

"Hey how are you doing? ... Sorry for calling so early." her consideration apologized for me and made me chuckle of how nice she could be sometimes.

"No worries, I'm already done. Just need to eat something." I told her and she gave me a relieved sigh as we ended the call. Now that was cute, for her to be worried about me. We ended the call over there as I pressed the red button closing the call.

"Audree!" mom called for me. I didn't answer and took my phone, then hurried out but I got distracted as I saw the mirror next to me. I looked one more time into the mirror. It felt like yesterday when I looked in there and was always disappointed at my reflection. Now I was proud of it, and the time had passed with the blink of the eye and the change was huge to me. I had managed to come so far.

"Audree!!!" mom yelled once more and I hurried out, getting reminded from her how I easily got so distracted. I took a last look at the clock and realised that I had stood there in front of the mirror for 5 minutes because it was 7AM. School starts at 8. I still had time.

I skipped down the stairs and saw mom, busy dropping the eggs into the boiling water. "Morning mom." I said and sat down by the kitchen table. She answered back, without giving me a look as she kept dropping the eggs in. When she was done she looked at me fast and turned back. But then she turned around again, confirming if it was an illusion or not.