Ch 54. Shoulder of The Judges

Helluuu!

______________________

I was shaking. It was scary to be in that cramped room, full of girls in their twenties. It felt weird to see that I probably was the youngest among them all.

That nervous feeling kept creeping into me, giving me an uncomfortable queasy feeling. I didn't have the time to be nervous, I needed to pull it together!

They hadn't said anything to us yet. It had already passed 30 minutes from the time they had set.

I took a seat to calm down. I didn't need to overthink. It was useless. I only needed to be myself. And act. Show them my skills.

"Look who's here."

I turned around, full of hope. I had thought that it was a friend. Not that I had many friends in California, but just someone friendly and not a foe. But of course it was the foe. "Hi, Clair." I said without any emotion showing on my face. I didn't want to give her a mad impression and just stay neutral, something she clearly didn't do.

"What are you doing here?!" she snapped at me, making her arms fly in the air.

"Since when did you own every acting gigs?" I asked her, suddenly sounding very provoking. I didn't mean to, but it just came naturally.

"This is my gig. Because I'm going to win." I let out a chuckle, which she didn't seem to take well. "What?!"

"Why are you even here? You already got an agency that will fix you jobs in an instant."

She looked very offended, trying to build up her pride as fast as she could. "Well, uh. I insisted on doing this. I do know that they will give me jobs, but I know that I can beat all of the girls in this room!"

I didn't even want to listen to her anymore. I smiled at her, like I was her friend once again, deciding to avoid her rant in a friendly way. I didn't want to get into another fight, after all.

"Uh, stop ignoring me you bitch!" she kept nagging me. I let out a groan.

"Can you please leave me alone? We clearly aren't on good terms, so I'd like to not talk to you right now!" I couldn't take it anymore, having her around when she just wanted to throw meaningless words to me, and try to start a fight. She flinched at me, having a "Oh-you-are-opposing-me"-face plastered on. Her arrogance was non other than annoying. If she didn't like me, and I returned those feelings - which I do, then I'd rather have her stay away from me.

"Whatever." she said, leaving in an instant. She walked over to a corner, standing there flicking through her phone. She was writing and texting nonstop, like she really was busy. I noticed that the reason she was talking to me wasn't because she wanted to throw mean words at me, but it was because she's all alone. She didn't want to look like a loner.

I did get her feelings. Loner was my ID during the first year of high school. But the difference was that I wasn't that bothered by it. It was something natural to me, and sitting by the lunch table or on the grass with a sandwich reading a book was completely normal for me. Thinking of high school again, I got reminded of how I soon was going to be a second-year. And the funny thing was that I hadn't even gone to school the other half. Maybe they wouldn't let me graduate at all. I'll stay as a first-year my whole life. Not the best really. I hadn't thought of what I was going to do with school at all, and promised myself to think it through when I was done with the audition.

"The audition will be starting in short." I heard a dark voice call out from the speakers. The girls in the room squealed, chatting happily. I noticed how they all were paired in groups, talking to each other without any awkward feelings at all. They all knew each other. I figured that there would be a lot of people who came just to become famous. Most of them came with their friends because they want to try out for it. The competition was a public thing, and experience definitely wasn't something that mattered. It could mean that my competition would be easier. Or harder. Because who knows what kind of people would come? There are a lot of hidden talents that haven't had any experiences. It would probably be a fifty/fifty chance.